Team Camaro NFL Pick 'em Season #3 Join Us. - Page 28 - Team Camaro Tech
Bench Racing Stories, cruising and more.

 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #406 of 923 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 12, 08:07 AM
Senior Tech
Sean
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: N.W. Washington
Posts: 7,824
Re: Team Camaro NFL Pick 'em Season #3 Join Us.

That game was really hard to watch, that was just plain ugly. Philly puts up, what, 450 yards and scores 13 points? Really? The Saints D is still bad, and the offense was not excatly outstanding, they had some good defensive plays (pick 6) but overall looked pretty bad, just not nearly as bad as Philly. I have never seen a team suck that bad in the red zone, I don't think.

And you took the words right out of my mouth Royce, I have not watched Philly this year but that offensive line is ridiculous, how Vic even lasts an entire game is beyond me.I think Philly hired the offensive line from the Humane society help wanted board.... Like Vic or hate him, he does not stand a chance with them right now.
The situation looks worse than I thought, at this point I could see changes before the end of the year, they are a mess right now.

Sean

1968 rs, with an old school, antiquated "junkyard, never even had the valve covers off" 354" SB2.2 pump gas motor........

"I aint never seen talking win me nothin'" -Marshawn Lynch
68rs406 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #407 of 923 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 12, 08:16 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Royce
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Vacaville, CA
Posts: 10,469
Re: Team Camaro NFL Pick 'em Season #3 Join Us.

Even the pick 6 wasn't Vicks fault it wasn't a perfect pass, but it was catchable. Knocking it up in the air always ends bad for the offensive team.

They rolled up and down the field down to the 5 yard line a couple times and still not able to get a TD with 1st and goal!

I honestly thought maybe Vick was washed up, but after seeing him play, he has a lot left in the tank. He's still fast and throws the ball well. Their play calling stunk and was worse yet in the red zone. You can't call plays that require time to develop when you can't protect your QB, you need quick hitting stuff to slow the defense down.

Royce (NO XQSSS) Bradley
www.facebook.com/driveyourjunk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSLsGgDjFXE
(brief sound/video clip, 3 1/2" exhaust through Borla Sportsman mufflers)
camaroman7d is offline  
post #408 of 923 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 12, 09:42 AM
Senior Tech
Sean
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: N.W. Washington
Posts: 7,824
Re: Team Camaro NFL Pick 'em Season #3 Join Us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroman7d View Post
Even the pick 6 wasn't Vicks fault it wasn't a perfect pass, but it was catchable. Knocking it up in the air always ends bad for the offensive team.

They rolled up and down the field down to the 5 yard line a couple times and still not able to get a TD with 1st and goal!

I honestly thought maybe Vick was washed up, but after seeing him play, he has a lot left in the tank. He's still fast and throws the ball well. Their play calling stunk and was worse yet in the red zone. You can't call plays that require time to develop when you can't protect your QB, you need quick hitting stuff to slow the defense down.
My thoughts exactly, Vick is still a good QB, he was clearly frustrated and just started running the ball. No way is that loss on Vick.
I told my wife after the first series if this keeps up Vick won't even see the end of the game, he got the hell beat out of him. No one can question Vicks toughness for sure.

He will end up somewhere and be successful, as will Reid, but it is clearly time for a change, the whole team was just a mess yesterday. Yikes, I feel sorry for Philly fans. (Ok maybe not... )

Sean

1968 rs, with an old school, antiquated "junkyard, never even had the valve covers off" 354" SB2.2 pump gas motor........

"I aint never seen talking win me nothin'" -Marshawn Lynch
68rs406 is offline  
post #409 of 923 (permalink) Old Nov 6th, 12, 12:12 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike, 69's rule
 
zuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nor Cal, USA
Posts: 5,301
Re: Team Camaro NFL Pick 'em Season #3 Join Us.

Philly proves that without a good O-line, you really can't do squat, unless you play the Saints D-line every week... Got to stop turning the ball over in the redzone however...

(STAY THIRSTY, MY FRIENDS).

1969 Camaro
1990 IROCZ28 convertible (SOLD)
2004 Silverado Z71 4x4
2008 Pontiac G8 GT
GGSMU member
http://www.ggsmu.com/
zuma is offline  
post #410 of 923 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 12, 08:30 AM
Senior Tech
Sean
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: N.W. Washington
Posts: 7,824
Re: Team Camaro NFL Pick 'em Season #3 Join Us.

So, Casey, what do you and the Saints faithful think about Sean Payton being a free agent next year? Now that he can renegotiate his contract, and rumors about Dallas having interest in him, it has to make you nervous.

I know everyone will say no way does he leave with his ties to N.O., but when a guy with more money than sense (Jerry Jones) comes and offers you the world and the keys to the Taj Mahal of stadiums, will he say no?
Very interesting......

Sean

1968 rs, with an old school, antiquated "junkyard, never even had the valve covers off" 354" SB2.2 pump gas motor........

"I aint never seen talking win me nothin'" -Marshawn Lynch
68rs406 is offline  
post #411 of 923 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 12, 09:39 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Royce
 
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: Vacaville, CA
Posts: 10,469
Re: Team Camaro NFL Pick 'em Season #3 Join Us.

Someone is stirring the pot, lol. Sean Payton would look good in Dallas blue and silver, plus they are 'Americas' team.

There are some tough picks this week, some of the point spreads are very inviting. The Seahawks spread is tough, I think they will beat the Jets, just depends on which Jets team shows up. The Hawks seem to like to keep the games close, that's what scares me.

Royce (NO XQSSS) Bradley
www.facebook.com/driveyourjunk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSLsGgDjFXE
(brief sound/video clip, 3 1/2" exhaust through Borla Sportsman mufflers)
camaroman7d is offline  
post #412 of 923 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 12, 03:22 PM
Senior Tech
Sean
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: N.W. Washington
Posts: 7,824
Re: Team Camaro NFL Pick 'em Season #3 Join Us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaroman7d View Post
Someone is stirring the pot, lol. Sean Payton would look good in Dallas blue and silver, plus they are 'Americas' team.

There are some tough picks this week, some of the point spreads are very inviting. The Seahawks spread is tough, I think they will beat the Jets, just depends on which Jets team shows up. The Hawks seem to like to keep the games close, that's what scares me.
Could be....

This is a tough week, the spreads are so darn hard to predict, it seems worse this year even. Makes it interesting though, picking the winner only makes it too easy.

I hear you about the Hawks Royce, that pick makes me nervous as well. Heck the whole game makes me nervous, the Jets historically have been that team that could pull off a win anytime. Right now they just look pretty bad, so I'm not as nervous especially with at being a home game.
The Hawks do keep it close, but at the same time the offense seems to be getting it done now... I could see some defensive points this game too. It's so tough to say... Hmmm.
I haven't picked yet so I have not totally decided avctually.

Sean

1968 rs, with an old school, antiquated "junkyard, never even had the valve covers off" 354" SB2.2 pump gas motor........

"I aint never seen talking win me nothin'" -Marshawn Lynch
68rs406 is offline  
post #413 of 923 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 12, 05:52 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike, 69's rule
 
zuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nor Cal, USA
Posts: 5,301
Re: Team Camaro NFL Pick 'em Season #3 Join Us.

The Hawks got this one...Jets will have trouble scoring on the road, especially there...

(STAY THIRSTY, MY FRIENDS).

1969 Camaro
1990 IROCZ28 convertible (SOLD)
2004 Silverado Z71 4x4
2008 Pontiac G8 GT
GGSMU member
http://www.ggsmu.com/
zuma is offline  
post #414 of 923 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 12, 06:04 PM
Senior Tech
Casey
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,427
Re: Team Camaro NFL Pick 'em Season #3 Join Us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68rs406 View Post
So, Casey, what do you and the Saints faithful think about Sean Payton being a free agent next year? Now that he can renegotiate his contract, and rumors about Dallas having interest in him, it has to make you nervous.

I know everyone will say no way does he leave with his ties to N.O., but when a guy with more money than sense (Jerry Jones) comes and offers you the world and the keys to the Taj Mahal of stadiums, will he say no?
Very interesting......
Sean, you'd have to live in New Orleans to understand how the people feel about the Saints. Sean Payton is as big as the Neville Brothers in this town...bigger than Fats Domino. Matter of fact, he's bigger than any Hollywood star in these parts. The reason I say this is because he was part of building the Saints after a 40 year losing streak and during the largest natural disaster ever. And he has a Super Bowl ring to prove it. And Bounty Gate has made him a bigger star. There's no way that Sean Payton is going to leave New Orleans to go to Dallas. Jerry Jones' pockets may be huge, but so are Tom Benson's. Do you really think that he would leave New Orleans to go to a team that has a QB like Romo and leave Brees? No. I'm sure Dallas would love to have him and I think Romo would be a better QB under Payton, but it won't happen.

So there's my thoughts. He has a house in Dallas and his wife and kids are there, but they're separated, and he wants to be close to his children. Tom Benson will no doubt reach in his pockets and sign this thing with Payton, and Payton will continue to be the coach of the Saints next year. Jerry Jones even wants the Saints GM Mickey Loomis as GM for the Cowboys. But that's not likely either.

As for Jerry Jones, I like him, but isn't it something to have that huge state-of-the-art stadium and all that money and a team like the Cowboys? And no Sean Payton? He'll have to look elsewhere.

The Mouth has spoken........

Good judgment comes from experience; and experience, well, that comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous
casey0272 is online now  
post #415 of 923 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 12, 08:54 PM
Senior Tech
Sean
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: N.W. Washington
Posts: 7,824
Re: Team Camaro NFL Pick 'em Season #3 Join Us.

I don't know Casey, I'm pretty sure Jerry Jones has deeper pockets, and you know what they say, money talks and BS walks. Do you think the people of Green Bay thought Farve would ever leave? And I think everyone knows how huge football is in Green Bay (they had a state day of mourning after the Seahawks beat them I think). Money money money moooney.....

And who is this "Neville brothers" and "Fats Domino"? Are they part of Justin Beiber's band or something? They sound pretty big...


Quote:
As for Jerry Jones, I like him
Really? So your the guy....

Sean

1968 rs, with an old school, antiquated "junkyard, never even had the valve covers off" 354" SB2.2 pump gas motor........

"I aint never seen talking win me nothin'" -Marshawn Lynch
68rs406 is offline  
post #416 of 923 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 12, 08:55 PM
Senior Tech
Sean
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Location: N.W. Washington
Posts: 7,824
Re: Team Camaro NFL Pick 'em Season #3 Join Us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zuma View Post
The Hawks got this one...Jets will have trouble scoring on the road, especially there...
I hope so Mike! They should be able to, but this year the NFL is really unpredictable it seems.

Sean

1968 rs, with an old school, antiquated "junkyard, never even had the valve covers off" 354" SB2.2 pump gas motor........

"I aint never seen talking win me nothin'" -Marshawn Lynch
68rs406 is offline  
post #417 of 923 (permalink) Old Nov 7th, 12, 09:23 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Mike, 69's rule
 
zuma's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Nor Cal, USA
Posts: 5,301
Re: Team Camaro NFL Pick 'em Season #3 Join Us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68rs406 View Post
I hope so Mike! They should be able to, but this year the NFL is really unpredictable it seems.
Week 6 really screwed me up, this week is a tough group to call as well...

(STAY THIRSTY, MY FRIENDS).

1969 Camaro
1990 IROCZ28 convertible (SOLD)
2004 Silverado Z71 4x4
2008 Pontiac G8 GT
GGSMU member
http://www.ggsmu.com/
zuma is offline  
post #418 of 923 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 12, 04:32 AM
Senior Tech
Casey
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: New Orleans
Posts: 1,427
Re: Team Camaro NFL Pick 'em Season #3 Join Us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68rs406 View Post
I don't know Casey, I'm pretty sure Jerry Jones has deeper pockets, and you know what they say, money talks and BS walks. Do you think the people of Green Bay thought Farve would ever leave? And I think everyone knows how huge football is in Green Bay (they had a state day of mourning after the Seahawks beat them I think). Money money money moooney.....

And who is this "Neville brothers" and "Fats Domino"? Are they part of Justin Beiber's band or something? They sound pretty big...




Really? So your the guy....
Oh, dear. I forgot about the generation gap. How about, "Sean Payton is more popular and bigger in this town than...Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie."

Don't worry, Sean. Believe me, Payton is going nowhere. He loves the town and people, and you'll see next year, things in NOLA and the Saints will change.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4wRFAiYPLcg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bQQCPrwKzdo

Good judgment comes from experience; and experience, well, that comes from bad judgment. - Anonymous
casey0272 is online now  
post #419 of 923 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 12, 04:53 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Kevin
 
SixtyAte's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: S. Eastern Massachusetts
Posts: 5,536
Re: Team Camaro NFL Pick 'em Season #3 Join Us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by casey0272 View Post
Oh, dear. I forgot about the generation gap. How about, "Sean Payton is more popular and bigger in this town than...Brad Pitt & Angelina Jolie."

Don't worry, Sean. Believe me, Payton is going nowhere. He loves the town and people, and you'll see next year, things in NOLA and the Saints will change.
I think he will head out of town after he see's what the fans think of him after this season. If the team doesn't win 13 games or more, I think the fans will blame him. In reality, its not just coaching that is ruining the team...its the players too ! Instead of doing what they leaned from Sean Peyton, they run around acting like they are all rookies. Sorry to say Casey...but the team needs to smarten up or they will not see the coach they claim to love back.

Kev
SixtyAte is offline  
post #420 of 923 (permalink) Old Nov 8th, 12, 12:43 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bill
 
Calpantera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: ♫ California ♪
Posts: 3,160
Re: Team Camaro NFL Pick 'em Season #3 Join Us.

Holy crap I did pretty good last week, only missed two games and I have been totally phoning it in the past few weeks, I guess even a broken watch can get it right twice in a day
Calpantera is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.



Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome