Pictures of white 68 SS/RS - Team Camaro Tech
Body Shop Paint & Body Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 06, 07:00 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Send a message via AIM to tronic72
Pictures of white 68 SS/RS

Hi Guys,

Trying to get some high quality images of a 68 SS/RS in Ermine white. I'm trying to convince myself to paint it in the original color. My car is an SS/RS so am looking for the correct black stripe and bubble bee strip.

Help me do the right thing!

MJ
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 06, 07:27 AM
Gold Lifetime Member

Re: Pictures of white 68 SS/RS

dont you have that backwards? You mean paint it black with white bumble bee stripe, right?

I have a few at home, Ill post tonight.

Bob
68 RS/SS Black with white bumble bee stripe
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 06, 07:29 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxquattro View Post
dont you have that backwards? You mean paint it black with white bumble bee stripe, right?

I have a few at home, Ill post tonight.

Bob
68 RS/SS Black with white bumble bee stripe
Nope. I mean ermine white with the black stripes
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 06, 09:55 AM
Senior Tech
Daral

Excellent color choice but I am bias since that is what mine is suppose to be and will be again when it is finished. There are several photos of white first generations on the internet. Here is one I found of a 67.

Daral (67 RS/SS 350)
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 06, 11:19 AM
Tech Team

I actually saved this auction, so I could get an idea how this color looked. My neighbor has the same #'s car built the same month as this one, same color, although it has been sprayed red. I love the white w/black stripes.
Here's the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-...QQcmdZViewItem
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 06, 01:23 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Not a '68 but if it helps give you an idea about the white... See link in sig...

...Dennis
www.camaroslimited.com

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 06, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by losbasecoupe View Post
I actually saved this auction, so I could get an idea how this color looked. My neighbor has the same #'s car built the same month as this one, same color, although it has been sprayed red. I love the white w/black stripes.
Here's the link
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1968-...QQcmdZViewItem
Thanks so much for that!. That is my car!!!. (or will be when it's finished.) The car was stripped in the mid 80's and has been in a mates shed until about 4 years ago when I purchased it from him........in pieces.

So I've never seen the car complete.

Thanks for all your help. I'll be painting EXACTLY the same as the one at the eBay Auction as it's the correct color. Mine has the aqua colored delux interior.

Thanks again guys.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 06, 05:51 PM
Tech Team

Your very welcome . Here's a picture of his, and you can actually see the original paint along the fender edges. Im going to help him restore this #'s car
After much discussion I now have him convinced that the right thing to do is restore the car to original. He has the original motor in the garage, and #'s all match. The only thing I haven't verified is the 12 bolt #'s. The grille is out of the #'s 68 convertible next to it, due to some thiefs stealing the RS equipment at a body shop
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P9070003.JPG
Views:	142
Size:	60.1 KB
ID:	1507   Click image for larger version

Name:	P9070004.JPG
Views:	130
Size:	58.2 KB
ID:	1508  
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old Sep 25th, 06, 06:30 PM
Team Member
Christropher

Make sure you save those pics to your computer if you want to hang on to them. The Ebay link won't be up forever.

Christropher
1967 RS/SS 350...in pieces still.
http://www.67rs-ss.net/
**How to attach images**
MrDanB - "Don't worry about Mr.Wilcox...He has that incurable disease of thinking that they only made the Camaro in '67 "
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old Sep 30th, 06, 04:04 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Quote:
Originally Posted by losbasecoupe View Post
Your very welcome . Here's a picture of his, and you can actually see the original paint along the fender edges. Im going to help him restore this #'s car
After much discussion I now have him convinced that the right thing to do is restore the car to original. He has the original motor in the garage, and #'s all match. The only thing I haven't verified is the 12 bolt #'s. The grille is out of the #'s 68 convertible next to it, due to some thiefs stealing the RS equipment at a body shop
Hi Again,

Losbase coupe. I'd love to get in contact with your friend, it's seems we have the exact same car.

The specs on mine are 68 SS/RS 396 325 HP. Ermine white aqua interior (I think it called tourquise). Auto, 12 bolt posi, delus interior, power windows, tilt column.

As I said I purchased the car from a friend in parts. The car was stripped in the mid eighties but was left like that due to financial issues.

I purchased it about 3 years ago but work only commenced on it early this year. I've replaced both Quarters, outer rear wheel arches, rear parcel shelf and panel below the rear window. Although the car had never been bent and the rust was not extensive, the rust was in enough places to make replacment of the panels the best option.

I'll try and post some pictures although there's not much to see. Thanks again.

Daral, I have that picture you posted already but thanks for the effort. IF anyone else has more pictures of a car with this color and build date I'd love to see them.

Thank again.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old Sep 30th, 06, 05:57 AM
Tech Team

Losbase coupe. I'd love to get in contact with your friend, it's seems we have the exact same car.

The specs on mine are 68 SS/RS 396 325 HP. Ermine white aqua interior (I think it called tourquise). Auto, 12 bolt posi, delus interior, power windows, tilt column.

Hi tronic: All I can tell you is this, his car is a 325hp 396 RS SS, in ermine white, with black interior, auto with floor console w/clock, deluxe interior, A/C, 12 bolt posi. The car is exceptionally rustfree, been in arizona most of its life

69 Los built #'s matching olympic gold over white A01 C60 J52 LF7 M35 N40 U63
Multiple 69-72 GS Stage 1's and small block cars
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 07, 10:08 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech

Just bumping this. I'm about 90% sure I'll be painting it white but would love to see some more pics. It seems high quality white cars are rarer than most.

Am I wrong?
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 07, 10:35 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by tronic72 View Post
Just bumping this. I'm about 90% sure I'll be painting it white but would love to see some more pics. It seems high quality white cars are rarer than most.

Am I wrong?

White cars look great but don't photo well without the right lighting conditions. Indoors and cloudy days work best... Set google to images and search for "white camaro" to see what I mean. It takes a certain trim and wheel package to set off a white paint job too. My car just didn't stand out at all with ralley wheels and trim rings...

...Dennis
www.camaroslimited.com

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 07, 01:40 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by tronic72 View Post

Am I wrong?
In reply to your pm, here are some pics..

Kev

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old Mar 16th, 07, 02:13 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Kevin

Rear...

Kev

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode