Team Camaro Tech banner

Procharger F2

25K views 140 replies 20 participants last post by  Steve69SS396 
#1 ·
Ordered a Procharger F2 blow through kit for my car today. They said it will ship in 1 to 2 weeks. This will be the final setup for my car. Looking for low 8's with this set up. :thumbsup:

If I had planned it better I would have gone with the Procharger while I had the motor out recently. :clonk:

Next time the motor comes out I'll swap the pistons and install the F2. The cam that's in the motor was custom ground for the blower. :beers:

#2 ·
:thumbsup:

Very cool. As long as the chassis is right there is no reason it can't go low 8's. Whats it gone so far?

I built my current motor for a procharger, an F1and on pump gas, but I'm not even legal for faster than 11.50 right now so it would be a short day at the track like it is currently NA, lol. I still will probably do it, you always end up wanting more. Dig centrifugal blowers.

#3 ·
So far 6.60's at 106 in the 1/8th on the motor and 6.31 at 113 with a .063 jet in the plate blowing through the converter.

I thought you put a roll bar in your car Sean.

#7 ·
Just arrived! :beers:

Reactions: Jeremiah
#11 ·
Thanks! :beers:

Nice! Makes me want to get one, my motor is all ready for it......
I'll be interested in hearing how it goes for you install and tune wise. Going blow through?
Your motor would make good power with one. :thumbsup:

Yes, going blow through with E85. Thanks! :beers:

Does your crankshaft have a big block snout? A friend used one on a serious effort 406 and snapped the snout clean off of a good crankshaft. Just hoping that you were thinking about this when you built the short block. Good luck!
Swapping pistons and crank (BBC snout) when the blower goes on it. Also need to upgrade the fuel system, converter and trans to cope with the 1,300-1,400HP.

#13 ·
The cam that's in the motor was custom ground for the blower.
"4-7 swap solid roller 274/286 @ .050" with .704" lift"
What's the LSA/ICL?

What C/R?

That F2 can get you high 7's if done right, sure looks purdy :thumbsup:
I used E85 with mine 9.8:1 C/R and 14 lbs boost, it liked it a lot.

---Bill.

#14 ·
The LSA is 112 and the ICL is 108. Compression is too high for the Procharger right now. I need to swap pistons and the crank. Probably go with 9.5 SCR with E85.

#17 ·
Ya 60 to 75 lbs is about right for the blower and brackets.
I agree with a blowthru E85 carb there's probably no need to I/C.

Will your car be NHRA legal for sub 8.50 et runs?

---Bill.

#18 ·
Shipping weight was 70-75 pounds. Figure there's 5-10 pounds of packaging. No, my car is only legal to 8.50's. The track might be OK if I run an 8.30 occasionally. :eek:

#19 ·
Did some test fitting today. Several things I'll need to change. Biggest issue is that the head unit won't clear the hood.

#21 ·
I finally have all the new parts. Crower crank with BBC snout (double keyed), Crower billet rods, dual A1000 fuel system with controller and the F2 that I purchased last year. I'll pull the motor in a couple weeks and drop it at the machine shop. I'll have them order the pistons. Should have it back in the car with the Procharger in a couple months. :)

Attachments

Reactions: 6D9
#22 ·
Steve what are you going to use for motor mounts?
I would strongly suggest front and mid motor plates.

I have a few pics from when I did mine if you need ideas.

---Bill.

#23 ·
The plan is to go with motor plates. Wouldn't mind seeing what yours look like. Thanks! :beers:

#25 ·
Things are slowly coming together. Custom Ross pistons with heavy duty pins will arrive in about 3 weeks. They will have a ceramic coating on the top and an anti-friction coating on the skirt like my old pistons. The block will be bored 0.005" just to clean up the bores so it will now be 428.7 cubic inches. I decided to replace the Jesel belt drive with a Cloyes Z-Racing billet timing set. When I fired the motor 2 years ago after being freshened up, the idler on the belt drive locked up and started smoking the belt. This was in the first 10 minutes of run time. The idler felt fine when inspected during the rebuild. After that I replaced the belt and bought extra idlers. After that scare it always worried me while driving on the street.

I'll be calling Procharger tomorrow morning to talk to them about their serpentine accessory drive for the F2 with air conditioning. It would be nice to have working A/C on an 8 second street car. :)

#26 ·
Forgot to mention that there was slight evidence of dry start up on the rod bearings. No damage, just some shiney marks. The remote filter necessary with an Iron Eagle block and the long oil lines are the culprit. I always spin it over with the ignition off before I start it but it has not been enough. I'll be adding an accusump to make sure I have oil pressure before firing the motor. Short term there was no damage, after several years it could be a problem.

#27 ·
Getting closer. The pistons are supposed to arrive next week so they can starting assembling the motor. :beers:

#28 ·
Well, I decided to go with EFI. :crying:

Looks like I'm going with the Holley Dominator coil on plug set up with Injector Dynamics 2,000cc/min injectors. Let me tell you these guys are really proud of their stuff! However, at this power level nothing is cheap. :beers:

#29 ·
Except for the A/C compressor, the accessory drive is sorted. I'll deal with the A/C compressor later. The crank trigger is also installed. Still waiting on pistons and the dampener.

#32 ·
Pulled the fuel cell and replaced the -8 sump fittings with -10 and added a -10 fitting for the return. First time the fuel cell has been out in 10 years. That's when the cage was installed. Now I need to decide how I'm going to mount these fuel pumps. One on each side of the cell or both on one side.

#33 ·
Injectors arrived today. Pistons will finally arrive tomorrow! The motor can start going back together.

#34 ·
We finally have some pistons! They do look plenty stout.

#35 ·
Getting closer. Most of the Holley Dominator EFI system will be here next week.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.