It's been a while since I poste to this thread, since I've been focused on the engine swap, which I've been covering in a separate thread. Since I'm waiting for $$ for the rest of that project, I decided to get back on some of the bodywork.
The quarter was misaligned to the deck filler by about 1/4", so I had to slice a section out and slide it forward. Oddly enough, the rear edge of the quarter lined up fine with the trunk lid, so I don't know if it was a stamping issue or what. First I laid out the cut lines with some tape. You can see the mis-aligned panel in this shot.
Then I cut the piece out, cut the front edge to allow it to slide forward, and repositioned it.
The patch was then tacked in place.
A thin strip of metal was then inserted in the gap and welded in, folding it to follow the contours inside the trunk.
A little grinding on the welds, and it fit nicely.
The rear window opening was a little wide on the inside. The overall dimension was fine, but there wasn't a whole lot of bearing for the window to sit on. I had to add about 1/4" to each side, which was accomplished by welding about a 1/2" wide piece of metal to the edges, and then trimming to fit. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pics during that work, but I did get a pic of the window set in place with the trim around it, and it fits nicely now.
The trunk edges need some work, as the gap is wider than I'd like. I picked up some 1/8" rod, which I'll tack to the sides of the trunk lid to narrow the gap. Not the perfect solution, but the end result will look fine. The arc of the lid will need some reqorking too, to get it to align right with the quarters. That'll have to wait until next weekend.