slowly but surely as my wife would say starting to look like a car again.
I replaced both quarters mainly due to old and bad body work. replaced outer wheel wells, trunk pan, upper dash, and outer cowl shoulders. I will post more pics. about two weeks out from paint if i can find the time to stay at it.
heres a few more pics. I also replaced door skins due to prior body work. It has been now through its first blocking stage I will Marhide it again tonight and block one more time, then cut her in and then i will get the paint rollers out. My wife wouldnt come out to the shop for the longest because she said it look less and less like a car everytime she came out.
O and I just got central heat and air in my shop (5 ton 14 seer heat pump)so bring on the heat I aint Skeered no more. LOL!
I cant blame the heat for not going to the shop any more.
well i bought the car last year from a young man who was preparing to cut it up an make a drag car out of it. Luckily(for me) he ran out of money. i had talked to him about it with out seeing it an he had wanted to much(for me) at first. he didnt know much about it. some time went by and i talked to him again still wanted same amount $8,500. mind you the car wasnt running he said and he had started dismantling it (so he said) but this time he metioned that he was told it was a orignal 4spd car and that it used to have the headlights with covers over them(lol). Will now he had my full attention and was at his place very early the next day. as i approached i noticed the reverse lights (rs reverse lights). i looked and it ws obvious that panel had not been added so i made my way to the front looked at the cowl tag and noticed it to appear unmolested an a number an letter that got my attention (4P). he preceded to tell me that he had removed the 4spd for more consistant times and added a turbo 350. clutch pedels still there. hre removed the hideaway headlight system beacuase the didnt work right and was trying to reduce weight also. he had a fuel cell and had started to take motor out and ran out of money and car been sitting for 3 years in his garage. thats when i noticed the aluminum heads. all the interior was still in it an was mint. after about an hour of hard negotiating i bought it for $4500 an he kep his fuel cell. I then got home and imediately went to the computer and ask the tag team to help out with the decoding and as always got much needed help very quick so here we are.
What a site. This is one of the reason I like messing with these old projects. That my 10 year old hard at it. Loves every minute an ain't scared to get dirty.
He has bought hs on tool box an tools. Even bought him a paint gun, got him a scale car an repainted it.
I had seen a post a while back about one day this restoring cars would not carry over to next generation. Well I got proof I don't think that's going to happen.
James...great to see your project is moving forward and that your son is involved (my son is now 2 mos. old and he'll be involved in my '68 rebuild in a few years). Is this David Koresh's Camaro you're working on...LOL! Best regards...
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy...
Hey James, that sure is a cute motor u got in there!!!! when i get finished building my son's go-cart maybe yall can go racing together. ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!! other then that its looking good boss man!!!!