Team Camaro Tech banner

X11 Project

33K views 204 replies 35 participants last post by  Triman8654 
#1 · (Edited)
i have been trying to get the jig built. heres what i have so far. this is my first post with pictures and i have to use wife laptop, so bear with me.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
Ok, I finally got the jig complete and painted. Today I started the disassembly process. A lot of the bolts are rusted on nose like grill screws headlights ect. I realized I probably wouldn't get the pieces off W/o breaking the good ones, so off it comes as one..The fender bolts all came off no proble. The bottom of fender bolt was rusted through.

Attachments

#10 · (Edited)
Ok today I continued the disassembly cowl area, and interior.. I'm thinking this trunk floor is one of the worst. PO used straps to hold up fuel tank.
I found this B 4 under the rear seat back. Also 4 on the radiator core support. Assembly process numbers.??
Any thoughts.?

Looks like Fred Flinstone has been in the car..
I'm thinking I have the true definition of "Rust Bucket"

Questions.
Anyone have advise on instrument and wires removal hints advice so it's not a Charlie Foxtrot with all the wires.?

Anyone taken the subframe out with the engine still attached .?

Attachments

#23 ·
Ok got a little progress going here. Starting tommaro progress will slow a little, Santa Clause is gonna be busy...

Ya know, I can understand spot welds, however when you can't find them but you know about where there at and holding up progress.well I'm sure you understand. Sand blaster is ready just waiting for a little dry weather..just a quick dry fit on upper cowl.

Attachments

#24 ·
Ok, back at it. Getting those inner rockers out was a pita. I had a chance to do some preliminary sandblasting, I'm gonna have to replace tip. So I'll resume blasting after I make trip down to the big city. I've burnt up my Dewalt variable speed grinder/buffer, I knew it was going cuz it was making that thunk sound for awhile. I think I've had it for ten years so I'm not mad, probably get another one.

Attachments

#27 ·
I'm just enjoying the journey I guess. Always wanting to be in the shop more. Also found another 69' basket case, my crazy theory is " maybe I should buy it for my next project". Heck I'm not outta the woods on this one. Buy another one? How crazy is that.?

#29 ·
This kind of thread is why I joined up to this forum. My son and I are just getting going on a 68 SS that is just as rusted out as this car you are doing. Your pictures are excellent and show what our car is missing(inner sheet metal in the lower hinge areas). We will have to hand make them so it is great to be able to see what they are supposed to look like.

Could you add some of the paint products that you are using? We need a good weld thru primer as the ones I have tried just didn't seem very good at all. Thanks for your post. I will be subscribing.:smile2:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.