Team Camaro Tech banner

Positive battery cable fusible link.

12K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  69Z28 
#1 ·
I was curious where I should get this fusible link for the battery cable to junction block. I was looking at the RockAuto site but didn't have any luck locating one from them unless they don't carry them. I put a new harness in years ago and never realized I needed one here. Help?

#2 ·
You can get the fusible links at any local parts store.
If the red wire is 10 AWG, then fusible link will be 14 AWG.
You can terminate the present wire at the junction block then install fusible link from post clamp to junction block.

#7 ·
Unless you are super concerned with 100% originality, I'd ditch the fusible link. To me having a small piece of wire burn up (even to protect another larger wire) is a fire hazard. A regular fuse is much easier to replace after it is blown, and doesn't pose a fire hazard either. There are tons of options for fuse blocks and plenty of places to hide them if you don't want them to show.

Just my $0.02

#8 ·
My Z is a driver and probably will never see a restore. Way too nice to mess with it. So I'm not too concerned with 100% originality, but if I can afford to get a part I'm missing, provided I have the cash, I can't say I would get it.

Ya know, I was at AutoZone today picking up a fusible link wire, and I looked at the plastic push in style fuse holders. That's really not a bad idea. If my car wasn't as nice as it is I probably would use one, but I went old school anyway.

Unless you are super concerned with 100% originality, I'd ditch the fusible link. To me having a small piece of wire burn up (even to protect another larger wire) is a fire hazard. A regular fuse is much easier to replace after it is blown, and doesn't pose a fire hazard either. There are tons of options for fuse blocks and plenty of places to hide them if you don't want them to show.

Just my $0.02

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.