Team Camaro Tech banner

69 Camaro budget build first one!!

30K views 81 replies 21 participants last post by  69z28freak 
#1 ·
Hello Every one! after a couple of months working on my very first project I decided to through it on here and see what i can learn from the Camaro pros. I love this cite and have already learned a lot in a short time. Im a young builder and camaro entusiast. So I have a long long way to go. I was fortunate to grow up around body work and cars all my life. Hope every one enjoys and looking forward to hearing from every one. :yes:
This 69 Camaro will be a burnt orange 350 SS small block auto factory air car. Cant wait to get it moving and driving again. Its safe to say its been several decades sence it was a running driving machine.
javascript:void(0); let me know if you all can see this pic thanks!

#2 ·
Re: 69 Camaro budget build forst one!!

Hi Brad,
Sounds like a nice project you have planned there! Couldn't see the image you tried to post, do you have a photobucket account (or similar)?
Cheers, Tim

#3 ·
Welcome aboard Brad! Looking forward to seeing yet another Camaro return to it's former glory (and better!)... I'm building a '69 SS350 (clone-esque) too. Started back in 1996 when I drove it home... to be continued... :) Let us know if you need anything...

#5 ·
I post pictures here all the time and do not have any external hosts for my pictures. I simply click on the manage attachments tab at the bottom of a post I am creating and then click browse to find the photos within the files of my computer that I intend to post.

#6 ·
Paying members can post photos without an host, non paying you will have to post links to a photo share someplace else. Best bet is to become a member and enjoy the benefits.

#13 ·
Brad! Looks like you have a nice clean start there!:yes: Sweet!:thumbsup: I particularly like the pic with the white wall tires and rallies. Classic! Enjoy the ride!

#18 ·
Can I dolly out that rocker welding flange please? It's bugging me.:D ;) Sweet Camaro! Nothing like a clean start.

#19 ·
haha yeah some one didnt take there time at all. a lot of the sheet metal looks to be new but they didnt take there time and do things right at all. Body work isnt the best and you wouldnt believe how bad the paint job was. Looks like some one threw it together in th late 80s just to make a quick sell. ..shame.. oh well mine now! and it will be done right. Thanks for the comments

#20 ·

underneath looks very clean though. Needing multileafs asap and new shocks. Any reccomendation on some good shocks???

Motor I just picked up for a good price. 350 SB small cam. Cant wait to hear it. Also picked up some headers as well to go with.

Dash was in good shape but the wiring is scaring me to death. looks like some one cut the wires and just styarted yanking stuff out!

#22 ·

Doing some touch up work to the quarters before priming and more blocking.

finally starting to come together and look like a real car.

Lines took a little work but they turned out pretty sharp

finally got the 350 sb and the new torque converter and trans together!

decided to go ahead and take dog house all the way off to install the motor. This turned out to be the best decesion I think I have ever made. Made it soooo much easier!!

#23 ·
Finally got to order something shiny and fun for the car. Ordered a new steering wheel from Flaming River and adapter. When I recieved wheel i was kinda dissapointed with quality of the paint. I had extra paint so i decided to paint it same color as the car to kind of add a little somehting different. So i sanded and primed and painted and clear coated today. Turned out very very nice!

#24 ·
Steering wheel is finished and turned out Great! also sprayed and cutin some other parts. Car is really comming along quick with much improvement. Also installed new heater core andheater core back in car. All new hoses as well.

I even supprised my self on the steering wheel.

#25 ·
Also thinking really hard on painting the dash the same color as the car. Just to be a little different and i think it will go nicely with the black interior and steering wheel. Any opinions on this??? Its currenly gloss black. any one have pics of there interior painted same as their car? Thanks

#26 ·
That could be interesting. there is quite a bit of black plastic on a 69 though as compared to a 67/68. The only part really painted is below the dash pad on the passenger side and the dash top forward of the pad. Not sure if that will give that wow factor like the older ones do.

#27 ·
Yeah your right. Going to look for some pics on the internet and see what I like. Be a good time to do it because im planning on putting in interior next week. I dont want to over do it if you know what I mean. Just want something different. I go to these car shows and all these cars look the same to me. Cant have that.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.