Team Camaro Tech banner

Key in Ignition BUZZER

4K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  yellow69RS 
#1 ·
The key in ignition buzzer works intermitent. Actually, I didn't know the car had it until one day it started working. Now, about every two or three days it works a few times then quits. Any ideas?

#3 ·
No, I'd like to make it work like it supposed to. Any ideas for trouble shooting it? Thaks for your help!

#4 ·
More than likely, the tumbler needs replacing as the socket wears out.
Jiggle the key, use the key by itself, weight of other keys may give the key the wrong angle,
Of course, the dome light has to work, meaning drvr door jam switch has to work correctly.
Or could be the horn relay.

#8 ·
Thanks guys for the tips/ideas.....I'll check this tomorrow. If I had never known that it worked I wouldn't care, but now that I know it supposed to be there, I want it fixed!

check the pink/black wire on your horn relay. Jump 12v to that terminal and see if it works. If so, then your tumbler is probably worn out.

#7 ·
I washed the engne today and it started working again..... After a few hours it quit again... I'll find the gremlin soon!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.