Team Camaro Tech banner

1967 camaro fuel sender unit

5K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  fsc66 
#1 ·
Im trying to find the correct fuel sender unit for my 1967 camaro. It came with a 327 2 barrel and has the 5/16 fuel line. I would actually prefer the 3/8 line one as it seems to be more plentiful. Will they all work the same from 67 to 69? Theres the fg104a, b, c, d. Its very confusing as some say they will fit all years 67-69 while other venders list it as a 68-69 part only. Obviously the one with the dual lines is not needed. Is there anything different electrically between the various years? Its going in a brand new spectra tank btw. Some look like they have a white plastic float and plastic strainer and others have a black float and typical sock type strainer. Its all very confusing with all the different venders saying different things. Amazon says everything does not fit my 1967 camaro. LOL. What I would like is a single tube, stainless steel unit with a 3/8 line that will work with my 1967 camaro. Will the fg104a,b, or c do the trick? I dont see the difference between them. Also, the prices vary wildly for what is seemingly the same item.

#2 ·
A '68-'69 single 3/8 inch sender will work.
Soak o-ring with petroleum jelly as it will lube the nut securing it to the tank.

By OEM design, '67 came with 5/16 ltubing;
'68-'69 came with 3/8 tubing.
'69 came with return line from the fuel filter as a fix for fuel percolation.

All units are 0-90 ohms for gauge, and try this out before installing ensuring it works .
A float is a float, original is brass and if you want, change it over, but be careful as brass seams break easily.

#3 ·
Great, thanks for the reply. I managed to find a vendor that seemed to clear things up a bit. The A model has the 5/16 line, the B model has the 3/8 line, the c model has 3/8 line but only for 69 for some reason, and the D model has the 2 lines. Is the 5/16 line really a restriction for a mild 327 4 bbl? The 5/16 is so much cheaper and it is whats in my car at present. I was thinking of just sticking with it.`My fuel pump is already the 3/8 model. My whole fuel line is 5/16, right? so changing the sender to 3/8 really makes no difference, am I right?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.