Team Camaro Tech banner

Fuse block clips - repair or replace ???

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  Moonpie 
#1 ·
My under dash wiring harness is in near perfect shape except for the fuse clips in the fuse block. The were pretty corroded and also had some light rust in areas. I sprayed them with De-Oxit electrical contact cleaner. It helped but they still looked rough. I tried to get at them with a little wire wheel on a Dremel tool. You really couldn't get to the inside of the clip that well and now some the plating has stared to come off the outer edges of the some of the clips.

I did put a fuse in each socket and then tested for continuity between the clips. I was good at every socket but I just don't trust them looking like they do.

Can you buy these fuse clips anywhere? Can you buy the fuse block...or just the interior side of the fuse block.....without having to buy the harness itself.

I hate to spend $450 for a new harness when the only thing wrong is a few dollars worth of clips.

Thanks.....Dave

See less See more
#2 ·
Lectric Limited makes a fuse block repair kit. $119 bucks for the 69 - and I think that is the year of the picture you posted.

34625 FUSE BLOCK REPAIR KIT****, new fuse block, including buss bars ****In order to provide the correct fuse block, you must tell us the Lectric Limited part # of the Dash Harness that would use this fuse block, based on the configuration of your vehicle (See Wire Harnesses & Lead Wires section). If a Dash Harness is not available, or the Dash Harness states that a fuse block is required, then we do not offer the Fuse Block Repair Kit for your application. This item is non-returnable****

#5 ·
After considering the different ways I could go on this, I decided to go with the "fuse box repair" kit from Lectric Limited.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Dave

#6 ·
A very good alternative to the Dremel wire wheel is the Dremel end brush. What they call a vertical version of the wire wheel. I've used it many times to clean up fuse clips, lamp sockets,terminals, and other hard to reach spots for a wire wheel.
I know this is an old post but I feel this is good information to pass along.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.