Team Camaro Tech banner

Retro Sound Radio Installed

5K views 23 replies 14 participants last post by  Mudpuddle 
#1 · (Edited)
After researching numerous posts on Team Camaro I finally replaced my old Pioneer radio. I decided on a new Retro Sound Classic Radio. I am pleased with the final outcome. Fair price, good looks, a ton of modern features and decent sound. Once again Team Camaro had good advice...thanks!

#4 ·
Looks great Dom. I'm next door in Dundee. Hopefully I'll see you at one of the local shows. I saw there's a couple in Monroe. I'm relatively new to the area. 2 yrs...

Reactions: 68Tiger
#14 ·
It has a "dimmer high", "dimmer low" setting for brightness. Works well. With my top down not so much (nothing would be bright enough). But top up no issues.

I don't use an amp. I just run out of radio's and the dual cone speaker in the dash (not much of a stereo guy). I mainly got it for the Bluetooth and the retro look. I must say, it's sounds surprisingly good out of the dash speakers. Others have even remarked about it.

#18 ·
I have mine mounted and tested in-place but I need to find a constant 12v source. What source did others use for the constant 12v? Did you wire direct to the battery or did you tap the wire to the cigarette lighter?

Thanks

Randy

#20 ·
68Tiger did you install a backstrap on it to stabilize it? I'm in the process of installing one in my '67 and the RetroSound guys says it's really necessary to install the back support in order to take some of the stress off the faceplate where the shafts and nuts are.

#21 · (Edited)
Yes, I believe the Electronics shop that installed for me did. I have my car in a Car-bag for the winter now otherwise I would take a pic for you. BTW they installed it for $50.

#24 · (Edited)
I love my Retro and the phone and mic works great. Mine is a Motor 2 but with bluetooth. Looks and sounds great View attachment 269163
I've completed my install, and it does look and sound great. The look is pretty close to the factory radio and knobs - and I did the thru-the-faceplate mount as the '67 was from the factory. This radio sounds better than the Pioneer 8-Track AM/FM I installed in this car in 1973 - but the original metal faceplate I used back then looked more "real" than the new plastic one.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.