Team Camaro Tech banner

67 RS hideaway headlights problems

10K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  Camaro67_rcl 
#1 ·
Hi,

I can't solve the problems I'm having with te RS wiring. I have the electrical overview of the wiring, but I can't crack the problem. I checked the relays according to the manual. Both motors were taken out and are working now (some binding), the limit switches are all working, the orange, light blue and brown are energized. I have 12 v (when lights on) at the motors, but they don't move. I have 12v at the relays when I want to close the lights, but not at the motors?
Any ideas?

Thanks, Willem

#6 · (Edited)
I haven't driven the car for a while, they worked great before. I didn't change anything on the setup.
I checked the wiring on the switches top/down, they ground when depressed

When ignition in ON position (brown wire), light switch in OFF position I get a few volts on Relay 2 and 3 on the light blue wire. Is that normal?

#7 ·
Replace the Diode, it sounds like current is flowing the wrong way back to the relay #2 and #3. Also check all the ground wires on the limit switches to the radiator support.

#9 ·
Willem replace Relay #2 and see if that solves the problem.......It's either the relay or an open with the diode. You might have to try a few things to narrow down the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.