Attention - Password and Security Update - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 16, 09:08 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
John Doe

Garage
Attention - Password and Security Update

Hello all,

Over the next few days we will be implementing some changes to our forum password strength and password expiration policies. To make sure you continue having the best experience possible on the community, we regularly monitor the site and the Internet to keep everyone's account information safe. We've recently become aware of a potential risk to some accounts coming from outside of this community. Just to be safe, we are implementing the following changes to improve security even further:

1) We are asking everyone to change their passwords (and will force a one time reset). Along with every user on the forum, new passwords will need to be more complex, and can't be simple words (sorry, you can't have "fluffy" as your password anymore!). Please use a password unique to this community. Reusing passwords can expose your account indirectly when other websites (Twitter, Linkedin, Badoo, etc) are compromised; and

2) Your passwords will expire on a 365 day basis. When you login on the 366th day, you will have to change it.

We'll also be sending out an email to users to let them know about the changes, in upcoming weeks.

Thanks all,

Helena

Community Management
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 16, 09:15 AM
Senior Tech
Brian

Re: Attention - Password and Security Update

SOB!!! One more password to remember.
HawkX66 likes this.

Experience...... It's what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 16, 01:26 PM
____

Garage
Send a message via MSN to DOUG G

So now I need a new "fluffy" password

68 Camaro~LSx
Best to Date....and tuning
1.546 60'.....7.132 @ 94.43 660'.....11.327 @ 116.79.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
<-Pics

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 14th, 16, 01:52 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
George

"fluffy12" here we come!

1968 Base hardtop 250 with a P̶G̶ built 2004r
Offy intake
Holley 390 CFM carb
Langdon split header to a 2.5" exhaust
Mild cam
Custom interior
Also own: 2014 Mustang GT and a 2013 Dodge Citadel. One red, one white and one blue from the Big Three.

Politics is cyclical. You start off young voting Democrat. Grow older and wiser and vote Republican. Then you die and vote Democrat again.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 16, 03:40 AM
____

Garage

Fluffy2016 ?
Pacecarjeff likes this.

68 Camaro~LSx

<-Pics

post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 15th, 16, 10:22 AM Thread Starter
Administrator
John Doe

Garage

fluffy4Ev@!!

Danniella
Pacecarjeff likes this.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 20th, 16, 04:18 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Stuart

I guess i'll need another "Black book". What ever happend to " Hey bub whats the password" The good ole daze.
Pacecarjeff likes this.

Stuart
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 16, 08:18 AM
Senior Tech
Kevin

Kevin

post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 16, 04:19 PM
Senior Tech
Al

I logged into the site just a few minutes ago and a notice popped up stating something like "Due to a security issue we are going to be resetting all passwords between 6-21 and 6-23. Go to the UserCP and verify the email address on file is correct etc.............." This message locked the site for me !!! The "X" box on the message did not work. I closed the window and then reopened the site with no message or apparent problems. I take it this message means we are NOT to reset our own password. Correct ?

Al

my 67' build thread:
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 21st, 16, 07:35 PM
Senior Tech
Dave

On the other Team boards where I moderate (Team Nova and Team Impala) they have generated a random string of characters for you. They then e-mail the new password to your registered e-Mail account and allow you to change it to anything but fluffy as the new rules say no words allowed (as determined by a spelling checker software check). At least eight characters upper and lower case letters required along with one number and one special character. When they mail you your password your old password is replaced with the new one so you have to log out and log back in with the new password before you can reset it to something that meets the new rules.

Big Dave
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 16, 02:27 PM Thread Starter
Administrator
John Doe

Garage

Hey guys,

To clarify for you, no need to reset your password on you own, as we will be sending out a password reset email as explained by Dave.

If there is anymore questions let us know,

Richard.
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 16, 03:03 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jeff

my fading memory only allows me to remember stuff from 40 years ago..
Luckily I had a 10 digit locker combination in grammar school... lol
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 16, 03:14 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Don

Suddenly I recall days of well data info that required 14 digit passwords changed ever 90 days, guess we handle very secure information. Must be tied to someones email scam.
Whats with all the ads and rare partial nude models with hanging flower baskets?

Don
TC # 349
Zdld17:69 Z/RS,306, NOR141111, 9N554XXX, 12A, X3G, 59/59,723, AFR 195,CCC282/290HR, TKO 600, BU1122B1E Owner since Dec 1968

post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 16, 03:28 PM
____

Garage

Sooooo confused. But yes....check your email.

There was a "breach in security" where there were passwords and user names stolen from I guess a data bank.....Why ? would we need all this "extra" upper/lower case with numbers and symbols encryption stuff IF someone could just kick in the back door again just to steal info ?

Maybe I'm overthinking it again.......

68 Camaro~LSx

<-Pics

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old Jun 23rd, 16, 04:01 PM
Brian

Garage

I had issues getting back in, and as previously reported the request username password page does not display an image to prove you are human behind corporate firewalls due to cross jacking of the system being used (its paid advertising through a known security exploit) I had to get in by clearing all cookies on my phone and getting in that way.

Brian

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode