Super annoying pop up - Team Camaro Tech
Camaros.net Site Help Discussion Website questions, comments, suggestions and tech help.

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 47 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 16, 08:08 AM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Steve

Super annoying pop up

Have any of you apple users been getting this spin to win pop up? It starts with a small window that says you've been chosen. The window has a close button, but that just takes you to the full page spin to win wheel. You can't close it or get rid of it, you have to close the whole site and start over. This happens over and over until I just give up. It only happens on this site. Also, what's with the ads in the middle of someone's post? Don't allow this crap on this great site.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 47 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 16, 08:25 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Re: Super annoying pop up

I've seen that type of rubbish (nicest, most PC word I can use here) when I access the site without logging in. I suspect that if a person is a paid member this junk doesn't appear.

'69 Z/28, Lemans Blue/White Stripes, DZ302, T56 Mag., 4.10
Dynatech, 17" VWW V45's 235/45, 275/40
post #3 of 47 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 16, 08:30 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

Yes, I get that "spin the wheel" popup on my iPhone occasionally. There doesn't seem to be anyway around it. Pretty annoying.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 47 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 16, 01:06 PM
Senior Tech
Don

You only get that stuff if you are not logged in as far as I know

Don

1969 Camaro LSA 6L90E AME subframe and IRS
1969 Camaro vert LS3 4L65E Ridetech level 2
1969 Camaro project
1970 Z28 project - sold
1968 Firebird project
1969 Z28 factory air project
post #5 of 47 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 16, 02:21 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

I get it on this site only also, but only on my ipad. This site has excessive advertising and something within that triggers it. To me the level of advertising could be detrimental to new member accumulation. I cant get the site to load on my S7 because the ad load is too much for the phone.

67RSSS......owned since 69. A basket case for most of it.
post #6 of 47 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 16, 02:49 PM
Senior Tech
Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3d cad View Post
I get it on this site only also, but only on my ipad. This site has excessive advertising and something within that triggers it. To me the level of advertising could be detrimental to new member accumulation. I cant get the site to load on my S7 because the ad load is too much for the phone.
Interesting, I never get pop ups on my iPad. Maybe you have some malware on your iPad. Facebook is a great place to pick up malware.

Don
satz28 likes this.

1969 Camaro project
1970 Z28 project - sold
1968 Firebird project
post #7 of 47 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 16, 03:39 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

I hear ya. Having it show up on this ipad is a surprise. Because they hand these things out at work occasionally i have a few of them. Yhis one is as sterile as one of these can be. No social media on it except instagram. Both my other one and my wifes have all that stuff on them and are used by everybody but neither have been blessed with the wheel. I do let this one park logged in more lately because the wheel doesnt foul up my lurking.

post #8 of 47 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 16, 05:34 PM
Team Member
Roger

I get it on my iPad all the time.

Not from Facebook, as I never go there
post #9 of 47 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 16, 06:56 PM Thread Starter
Tech Team
Steve

Logging in seeems to be the fix. I normally didn't do that. Thanks for the tips.
dhutton likes this.
post #10 of 47 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 16, 08:09 AM
Administrator
John Doe

Garage

Next time anyone sees it, can you grab a screenshot and the url of the popup? If it's not malware, it could be a misbehaving ad snuck it's way into our rotation.

Kevin
post #11 of 47 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 16, 08:43 AM
Senior Tech
jeff

I use Ad blocker and blocks all advertisements in my Yahoo, Youtube and most sites. Here is a link for Mac.

Not sure if this can be used for Ipad, but take a look.
https://adblock-plus-for-safari.en.softonic.com/mac

Jeff G
1969 Camaro X77 Burgandy
post #12 of 47 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 16, 02:29 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Brent

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
Next time anyone sees it, can you grab a screenshot and the url of the popup? If it's not malware, it could be a misbehaving ad snuck it's way into our rotation.

Kevin
It just happened again when I clicked on the link in an email from TC saying someone had posted to a thread I was subscribed to. It does only seem to pop up when I'm not signed in or when I've done a google search and clicked on a link to a teamcamaro forum.

Here's the URL: Spin The Lucky Wheel!

Two screen shots:

post #13 of 47 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 16, 03:35 PM
Senior Tech
Don

Do the guys with the popups have Tapatalk installed?

Don

1969 Camaro project
1970 Z28 project - sold
1968 Firebird project
post #14 of 47 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 16, 04:26 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

No.

post #15 of 47 (permalink) Old Nov 25th, 16, 06:44 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

I never get that, but use ad-block, and always sign in.

Jim
Hanging on the Gulf Coast

1969 RS/SS, 383, 4spd, 373s, 12bolt, FatMat, Vintage Air - Super Red, and it's my first Camaro.
Engine pics

Radiator pics

Build album

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode