Team Camaro Tech banner

OER 69 Deluxe Door panels

904 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  onefiness 
#1 ·
For those of you who have used the OER 69 deluxe door panels, did you find the vinyl and foam too firm to get the pillowed look for the Camaro emblem and door handle grab? I have an original door panel that I borrowed and it is clear that the factory used a much softer foam underlayment then the repros used. What did you do on yours? Mount them flush or come up with some mad scientist way to get the pillowed look? thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
Not the brand you are discussing but a PUI replacement was that way. Reason it was replaced was the chrome trim was crooked on the panel and didn't line up with the rear quarter. Not to mention the chrome tape kept coming loose. If I do this again, I will look at TMI. I heard they were coming out with some.

#3 ·
The car is not original so the pillowed look isn't necessary but it does look better than just sitting on the surface. TMI made my seat covers and foams, quality stuff.

#4 ·
The local upholstery shop said I'll never get the pillowed look around the camaro emblem. Too thin there and not enough padding on the OER panels. I have to agree. Very hard plastic underneath the spot. Oh well, flush mount they are unless anybody has an idea.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.