Team Camaro Tech banner

Best aftermarket for Deluxe Interior kit

10K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  DanW 
#1 ·
I'm looking to replace most of my Deluxe blue interior (buckets w/headrests) in my '68 SS 396/375 (carpets, door panels, headliner, seat covers, etc). Who's the best aftermarket company out there? I've heard some don't fit or look that good. Would prefer to spend a bit more & get a great end product.

Any insight / personal experience would be appreciated

cheers

Denis

#8 ·
As always, many opinions. So what is the difference between the manufactures if they reproduce "original" repro covers and door panels? The madrid vinyl I get from the supplier says it is the same as original. All I know is the comfort weave I replaced in my vert in 1984 has held up fine as the car was a daily driver, top down and up and still looks great no stiches coming loose etc. PUI. Just an old guy talkin. I use ACC carpet as well, but does fade after a few years.

#9 ·
The last PUI stuff I bought came in a bag labeled "made in China". Convertible rear well and armrest covers. Seems they have discovered outsourcing....

Don

#11 ·
Like a lot of companies, they probably outsource some stuff. But they do have a manufacturing facility almost walking distance from my home. They used to make really good stuff, but have not bought anything from them in quite a while. I do know people who used to work for them back when they were mostly a grass roots family enterprise. They have since been sold, which may explain the outsourcing. What a shame - maybe Trump will bring it back. ;)

#13 ·
Reactions: bweeden1
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.