Team Camaro Tech banner

LS7 into a 68

8K views 12 replies 8 participants last post by  Sheck44 
#1 ·
#7 ·
Me too ! :laugh:

jackr: Would really like to do a 7 liter in my 67 next time.

I would too if those engines were affordable. Just imagine what a 7.0 L would do with a real cam in it.
I may stroke my 6.0 L to 408 in 3 years or so. Got to get this one running first!

#3 ·
A 427 LS in a first gen .....wow. The difference between my mild build 6.0 LS in my camaro and the 7.0 LS in my corvette is night and day. Both engines are great but the corvette is just wild. Would really like to do a 7 liter in my 67 next time.

The article also mentioned "clunky" cast exhaust manifolds....but the corvette 7.0 manifolds are a thing of beauty. Welded assembly with big runner size.

#9 · (Edited)
Should make that easy John :yes:

707 HP at 7100 RPM & 578 Ft. Lbs. of torque at 5500 RPM.

403"
4.005" LS2 Block
Callies Compstar 4"crank and 6.125" Compstar rods
Bullet CP 11.5:1 compression flat top pistons
Dart Pro1 LS3 heads milled to 65 cc.
FelPro 1161-.041 MLS gaskets
247/259 110.5+3.5 .660"/.650" Cam Motion Low Lash Roller
Edelbrock Victor Jr. intake
835 CFM 4150 Holley
1 7/8" ARH headers
Melling 10295 pump and a Mast Oil Pan.

#11 ·
Keep in mind LS7 is not a boost friendly engine. Pistons are the week link so if you plan run over 6 psi you'll need new forged pistons.

If planning on boost a much more cost effective route would be LS3 with a ZL1 take off blower.

#12 ·
Stock LS7 bottom end will run 14psi boost all day long with out an issue. Pistons are not the weak link. In my experience.

---Nitrous Fed 468ci Big Block and m21 69 SS Camaro---
---163kg/140rwhp K3 GSXR 1000---
---TD42 GU patrol ute 6inch lift blah blah blah---
---Stock as a rock 91 F77 Daihatsu Rocky Ute---

#13 ·
Totally agree with John on the more eco $ route ... my plan has always been to build something crazy that very few people have so this is the reason I went E-Force supercharged LS7, in the end this also significantly increases the value of the car which as you know I am going to sell anyway.

Everyone should know that there is serious LS7 'tax' that goes with installing one of these ...
Fix the heads / wet sump conversion etc ...

If I was going to build a car for me, I'd do exactly what John is doing ... a bad a$$ NA LS7, and as I have said before 700 torque at the rear wheels is way too much for a street car ... it's simply insane.

And from my very little knowledge .. safety for the boosted LS7 is all about the tuning, and running meth (as I do)

Cheers
Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.