Team Camaro Tech banner

LS 3 swap/TKO what clutch ???

6K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  Tech@HurstDrivelines 
#1 ·
I was planning on an LS7 clutch set-up for my TKO 600/LS3 swap. I just read a bunch of complaints about the LS7 clutch. The more you read, the LESS you know. Yeah I know this is the internet (French boyfriend commercial LOL) but what clutch are you guys using ??? Thx

#2 ·
I've run the LS7 clutch on lots of LS builds. My LS3/525 has been perfect with it.

Think about it GM built 1000s of C6 ZO6 Vettes with this clutch and they hold up with all types of drivers and conditions.

Best place I found to buy is Scoggy Dickens. I upgrade to the aluminum flywheel but you don't really need to.

#4 ·
Yes John I agree, I remember you recommended this clutch as well. My confusion (don't take much LOL) comes from a bunch of negative reviews I read yesterday on LS1Tech. OK great, the LS7 it is. Thanks everyone.

#7 ·
That info has to be put into perspective.

If you're big power tracking the car and slamming gears at 6-7000 rpm there may be better options for a clutch.

For a street car with occasional spirited driving it's a very good and affordable clutch.

I like the one guy (if I read correctly) bashing when his clutch and tranny have 255,000 miles on them.

Reactions: DT
#13 ·
I like the one guy (if I read correctly) bashing when his clutch and tranny have 255,000 miles on them.
How dare they not last for at least a million miles! :surprise:

Sorry forgot to add the useful part of the message, haven't had any problems with the LS7 clutch in my swap other than adapting it to work with the McLeod hydraulic clutch kit.

#15 ·
If you use a small block bell housing on your LS motor with the LS7 clutch you will need a flywheel that's been machined to work that you can get from the McLeod along with their throw out bearing set up.

#18 ·
You can get the 4th Gen quick connect line from McLeod.

If you do use the 4th Gen bolt in TO make sure you install a remote bleeder. PIA without.

The McLeod TO comes with the bleeder line

#24 ·
We offer multiple clutches for the TKO 500/600, the most popular being our twin disk setup (part #670100009). This clutch can handle up to 800HP. I recommend running a hydraulic setup instead of mechanical due to the amount of pedal pressure required when using mechanical linkage. Depending on your application we offer hydraulic clutch kits that include everything except the clutch pedal and remote bleeder (highly recommend getting the bleeder). If you have any further questions feel free to contact me at 707-544-4761 Ext:457. -Darren

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.