TKO Sticky???? - Page 4 - Team Camaro Tech
Transmission & Driveline Transmissions and Differentials

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 52 (permalink) Old Aug 18th, 11, 12:24 PM
Britt

Re: TKO Sticky????

bad ***. replaced automatic trans w/ TKO600/5spd apox 6 months ago 1k+ miles. spent more time installing the z-bar/clutch pedal etc. TKO fit perfectly w/ no clearance issues. spent a small fortune @aprox $18.00 quart changing to that fancy specific synchromesh crap after break in and have pounded on it since. shifts quickly, never dropped a gear. my only minor complaint, reverse is not synchronized, shifting into 3rd before reverse solves the mute issue. love going through the gears.

full rotisserie restro, all new sheet metal finished in black glass, voodoo cursed 383 stroker, TKO600 5 speed, four wheel disk, AC, other stuff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 52 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 13, 05:44 AM
Senior Tech
Steve

My experience ...

Did the entire conversion including new clutch in 5 hours, coming from the M21, this is the best change you can make to your car. I am now cruising at 60mph at 1900rpm.

468BBC - TKO600 - 342 gears

Steve

Steve
69' SS/RS X11 PRO-TOURING E-FORCE LS7, DSE Sub, T56 MAG, Recaro, Wilwood disc, Racepak IQ3S, SpeedTech TA/JRI CO's, Pro-Venom 250s, Forgeline CV3C 20/19
post #48 of 52 (permalink) Old Jun 4th, 13, 10:36 AM

I'm new to this site, and in all honesty, not all that experienced in mechanics. I'm planning on building a 69 Camaro with a Tremec TKO 600 transmission and a 350 Edelbrock Pro-Flo XT EFI crate engine. I want it to be as useable on the street as it would be at a track, both circuit and strip. Is this a good setup? What should I study up on as far as installation? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

post #49 of 52 (permalink) Old Jun 9th, 13, 11:57 AM
Doug

I bought my '67 RS/SS last summer from a "re-seller". It came with a TKO 500 installed by a previous owner. I have had a problem with leaking fluid ever since I got it. A mechanic friend that pit crewed for an un-named driver came over to look at it. We jacked it up on stands and while he edged under it I ran it through the gears. He discovered fluid running out of the fitting for the speedo cable. He said either the o-ring was nicked or there wasn't one. Sure enough we pulled the cable and there was no o-ring. After buying lunch for him and another friend who gave me an appropriately sized o-ring it was back under the car for a quick fix. Sometimes it's the smallest things.

Car is not correct. Original 350 has been replaced with 327 but the emblems still look good. It's just a driver for me to replace the one I had in 1967-1969.

DJames
'67 Camaro RS/SS
Tahoe Turquise
Chevy 327, Edelbrock ProFormer Manifold and Carb, Douglas Headers, Tremec TKO 500
post #50 of 52 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 14, 10:35 AM
Dave Tincher

I just finished a 69 with a ramjet 502 and a TKO 5 speed that I bought from American power train and all in all it was a good install, the only thing I didn't like was the trans cross member that came with their put the engine at a bad angle (8%) angled down in the rear, but after making a new mount to straighten that out its real nice the console fit back in nicely the shifter looks factory.
post #51 of 52 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 14, 08:20 PM
Senior Tech
BARTELL

Dave,
TKO 500 or 600?
What made you decide on the Tremec?
post #52 of 52 (permalink) Old May 7th, 15, 08:54 AM
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTELL67 View Post
Dave,
TKO 500 or 600?
What made you decide on the Tremec?
The final rear gear ratio and the final rear tire size is the deciding factor on which overdrive and first gear will be correct for your car. If you want feel free to get a hold of me with that info and I'll be happy to help you. This will tell me what your RPM's will be in 5th gear at crusing speed ( 65mph/ 70mph ).

Hurst Driveline Conversions
Steve Sparkman

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Customer Service/Sales
707.535.3030 ext.452

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sales: 707.535.3030
Canadian Sales: 905.276.6635

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode