Auto to Manual conversion using a Borg Warner super t-10 4 speed transmission in an automatic ‘67.
I’d like to provide some helpful information when installing a super T-10 in a first gen camaro.
1. The stock 4 speed/pwrglide/T350 crossmember will work with no modifications necessary.
2. The driveshaft does not need to be shortened but a Turbo 400 style yoke needs to be installed in place of the 4 speed/pwrglide/T350 yoke.
3. Hurst installation kit 3738609 with shifter 3914339 should be used. But, mounting plate 1957773 will give you a much better shifter location. So you should use all the parts in the 3738609 kit except for the mounting plate and the spacer. You will need to bend the 3rd/4th gear rod slightly to avoid interference with the 1st/2nd gear rod.
4. Some slight tunnel cutting will be necessary (if you had auto floor shift). My pictures show too big of a hole. I had a competition shifter with a straight output and switched later to the 3914339.
1. Clutch and brake pedal assy. Along with 4 plastic bushings. 4 bushings are used in an automatic but they need replacing. Note that ’67 pedals are different that ’68 and ’69.
2. Hurst installation kit 3738609 and shifter 3914339
3. mounting plate: 1957773
4. Bellhousing (decide if you want 10 ½” or 11” style and buy the same size components)
5. Bellhousing inspection cover
6. Clutch fork
7. Clutch fork ball stud
8. Clutch linkage kit
9. Clutch pedal bumper
11. clutch/brake pedal pads
12. clutch/brake pedal pad chrome trim
13. clutch kit (clutch, pressure plate, pilot bearing, through out bearing, alignment tool)
14. shifter boot
15. shifter boot hold down ring