Team Camaro Tech banner

Third times a charm!

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  Chevy68 
#1 ·
Just a re-cap on my radiator experiences. As I have come to learn, direct fit doesn't mean "fit as original", that seems to be relegated to "exact fit" radiators. Nonetheless, it wasn't until I came across a Griffin Exact fit, that my spacing troubles were over. Here's a mock-up picture of the fit. It sits about 1/4" away from the radiator support and has about 1/2" of fan space to the radiator. I have yet to hang the fan shroud but I can't imagine that will give me any trouble. Very happy so far!
Thanks, Jim

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
Is that an air gap on the big block? If so does it fit under the hood, I am thinking you would need a cowl induction hood? Also what brand are those valve covers? I am going big block and those look great!!!

More engine pictures please!!!

#8 ·
Is that an air gap on the big block? If so does it fit under the hood, I am thinking you would need a cowl induction hood? Also what brand are those valve covers? I am going big block and those look great!!!

More engine pictures please!!!

Yes, it's an airgap and yes I have a cowl induction hood which it fits perfectly under.
Thanks for asking, Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.