Team Camaro Tech banner

Hotchkis Connectors feedback....

8K views 35 replies 24 participants last post by  69&76 
#1 ·
Well after 3 years of thinking about it, I finally went ahead and installed a set. I really shouldn't have waited so long!!! Let me start by saying I was getting really frustrated with all the door and window noise rattleing down the road. As a matter or fact when they were getting installed I went online looking up how to adjust the windows for a tighter fit, printed out a diagram. When I picked up the car and pulled out of the parking lot it felt weird to drive. Hard to explain. Much tighter, a litte bumpy but my shocks suck anyway. So as I was driving home, I was like "Hmmmmmm" thats weird...The doors weren't bouncing, windows were quiet and I could hear mysef saying HOLY S*** the connectors fixed the freakin noises that were pissing me off for the past 3 years....LOL

So the moral of the story is GET A SET.......:beers:

#2 ·
Couldn't agree with this more! What an amazing difference... It motivated me to rip out my interior this winter and dynamat/dynapad the floors. Car feels solid as a rock now and so much quieter (even for a vert),

The best was when I got a flat and went to jack up my driver side front wheel... No twist at all.

#6 ·
Welded the rear, bolted the front.

#7 ·
Well after 3 years of thinking about it, I finally went ahead and installed a set. I really shouldn't have waited so long!!! Let me start by saying I was getting really frustrated with all the door and window noise rattleing down the road. As a matter or fact when they were getting installed I went online looking up how to adjust the windows for a tighter fit, printed out a diagram. When I picked up the car and pulled out of the parking lot it felt weird to drive. Hard to explain. Much tighter, a litte bumpy but my shocks suck anyway. So as I was driving home, I was like "Hmmmmmm" thats weird...The doors weren't bouncing, windows were quiet and I could hear mysef saying HOLY S*** the connectors fixed the freakin noises that were pissing me off for the past 3 years....LOL

So the moral of the story is GET A SET.......:beers:
Wow, this is encouraging. Those same noises have been pissing me off for years too and I know the car is solid. I have set of these Hotchkis connectors ready to go on. Hopefully have the time in April. Thanks for the encouragement.

#8 ·
The SFC's and the X-brace made a huge difference on mine. I never had the OE X-brace so after putting the Hotchkis one on with the welded in SFC's it really changed how the car felt. I would agree this was one of the best upgrades for a flex-a-vertible.

#10 ·
Yea my car is lowered, but my collectors are even lower :sad: I only scrape over speed bumps if I don't go sideways.

#14 ·
A couple of questions regarding Subframe Connectors for Verts: 1. Do these actually go over the differential like the instructions indicate? That may interfere with my exhaust. The pictures show a relatively level product, so I just don't see it going up and over anything. 2. It looks like Hotchkis recommends polyurethane body mounts and Global West solid mounts. Preference here? 3. Hotchkis (not sure if still a TC sponsor?) wants $459 for their powder coated connectors while Global West is at $259 for their tubular connectors. What do you guys think?

#15 ·
They don't go over the differential. They connect the rear frame rails at the front leaf spring mount to the rear of the subframe and hug the floor.

Yeah, the poly bushing. I have aluminum bushings but had to use their poly bushing at the rear of the subframe because my aluminum bushing wouldn't fit the connector.

I'd imagine the GW connector is just fine, I'm just not crazy about the way it looks, but I don't spend a ton of time admiring the undersides of cars, so....

Take a look at the DSE connector if you don't mind cutting the floor - looks like the stealthiest and sturdiest option to me if you you're up for a more involved installation

#16 ·
They don't go over the differential. They connect the rear frame rails at the front leaf spring mount to the rear of the subframe and hug the floor
That's what I thought too Al. Their silly description indicates it went over the diff and I thought I better check with you first just to be sure I wasn't going nuts!

#17 ·
I need to get some of these for my vert and the time is right because it is up on the body jig.. Does Hotchkiss make more than one set for a 68 Camaro convertible? If so what model should I get? Where should I get them?
Thanks!

#19 ·
I just put them on my 67 rs/ss hardtop , and man did it really make the car more solid. I bolted the front with a 1 inch weld that can be ground off to Un bolted. I'm running hotchkis 2in drop springs in the front and have lowered the rear the same with no clearance issues. And still have plenty of clearance.

#23 ·
Well you should order it soon because it took over 8 months for me to receive my TVSII, I already had my Hotchkis connectors in when I ordered it . Hotchkis made a mistake and sent me vert .connectors, which I still have in the un opened bags. Anyone interested in a deal should PM me.

#26 ·
Mike,
appreciate the feedback.
yea, I know its old, but I'm scrolling down the forum looking for answers before I post anything new. With all the latest tech and suspension mods, these old Camaros are almost a different car (mechanically) Are the old shakers still viable or just added weight. Just wondering what convertible restomod guys are doing, there arn't many of us.

#28 ·
As a weekend warrior being driven to the burger barn and coffee shop you'll never miss the cocktail shakers even with no mods! If you drive the ragtop more than a couple thousand miles a year you will learn why they are there when you can't keep mirrors, door handles and anything else bolted on tight! The dampners counter vibration in the fenders caused by the missing top. Vibration that you really can't feel but is there and no subframe connectors ore other suspension mods can fix when the cars top is removed...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.