Cocktail Shakers - Page 2 - Team Camaro Tech
Convertibles Convertible Q&A's

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 116 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 04, 02:05 PM
Senior Tech

ck,
So thats what splatter paint looks like magnified x100. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

You kinda blew the whole page outta whack with that one!
You just need to go into photoshop, or what ever program you use, resize the photo and save as...then upload it and post it.

Steve W
1968 Camaro Convertible
1966 GTO Convertible
1995 Harley Road King
"You can't always get what you waaant..."

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 116 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 04, 02:35 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Jim, I went over the FAQ page you linked and unfortunatly don't see any answers based on facts. Rear canisters weighing 50 lbs each and fronts being 25 lbs each. Maybe the bird shakers were 50lbs (I doubt it) but not the ones in the back of the camaro. The description of the insides of a canister is shakey at best Now I'm not trying to insult anyone or talk down the other site. The answers to the questions on the other site are no more than "I think", or "I've heard" which is great for converstaion but can't be taken as definitive answers. Vintage 68 threw in a bit of humor but I think what he's posted is close to matching what I've read on the subject. If you've got facts I know the guys here will be fast to BBQ some crow and accept what you say as everyone here is all about learning... It's got to be facts though...

The part numbers you provided are going to be great for comparison and should help reach a definitive on interchangability. Your contributions, current and future are appreciated.

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #18 of 116 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 04, 02:51 PM
Tech Team

if GM knew 25 years ago that we would add 100lbs, well 75 for me and 25 for the lady, they could have saved some weight in the shakers.
more ballast under the belt today. . . .

steve68RS-L2- rag top A/C
Kansas City Camaro Club

post #19 of 116 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 04, 06:38 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
John

Angry

I love crow ! I've eaten a lot of it.
A little 'Pappy's' and it tastes pretty much like chicken ...
I would love to see more info if available.
DjD pretty much sums up my reading of the 'bird site, alot of 'someone-said-someone-said, I think'.
The developement timelines for F-Body product developement, the managers involved and the reasons for their decisions for the final product are widely published by several different authors. Most of the information has solid facts available from several sites to verify this information. But new information comes to light nearly every day.
They could all have it wrong, more facts could be out there - bring them on.
We are here to learn and help each other.

ps: Firebirds had multi leaf springs from the start and ride much nicer...

1968 Convertible
Some trucks

Other V8 things - some of which float

Other V6 things - none of which float

Oh yeah, and 1 "Straight-Six" ...

If a man says something in the garage - and his wife can't hear him - is he still wrong !!!
post #20 of 116 (permalink) Old Mar 22nd, 04, 06:53 PM

Angry

great idea Sci-flyer! and btw...I love the ones you sent me checked them out when I got off work...gonna blast those puppies & splatter them.

I get confused with the fronts....the rears are a bit easier for me to differentiate.

Curt
post #21 of 116 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 04, 04:37 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

[ 03-24-2004, 05:46 AM: Message edited by: thewebb1 ]

67 Camaro RS350SS (already restored) 68Convertible(future project)

68 Coupe(restoring)On hold
Gave to friend.

67 Convertible (restoring)

67 Coupe(parts car for now)

72 Chevelle Malibu

2-69 Jaguar xke roadsters (appeasing the wife)

post #22 of 116 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 04, 04:56 AM
Tech Team
Jim

67 and 68 Firebird vibration dampeners:
http://www.badgoat.net/cocktail_shakers.htm
post #23 of 116 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 04, 05:58 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Quote:
Originally posted by 68Conv400HO:
67 and 68 Firebird vibration dampeners:
http://www.badgoat.net/cocktail_shakers.htm
Thanks Jim, looking at the pics Steve W provided of his '68 fronts and the firebird '68 fronts in your link they are different. Chris' pic of the camaro '68 rear shaker looks different from the '68 firebird also...

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #24 of 116 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 04, 06:39 AM
Team Member
Duke

Angry

Great discussion- and I have owned a '68 Firebird coupe in the past- I loved that car, and I dearly want a '69 Firebird convertible someday.

My project convert's front shakers came out of a wrecked 69 in Atlanta, GA, found about 1980 or so. The car was incredibly smashed-- sort of flattened. I would have hated to see the driver. The "foot" of the right one had rusted away, probably from years of seeping battery acid. I still haven't fixed that-- I'm waiting for final assembly time. Here are pictures (I hope) of both front shakers in place during a test assembly last year. DARN-- I can't figure out how to include the pictures!!!!

1969 RS Convert getting closer to the road every day!
post #25 of 116 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 04, 06:50 AM
Tech Team
Jim

So getting back to one of the objectives of this thread:
Quote:
Maybe we can come up with a gallery as a sort of 'spotters guide' for each style and model to make life easier at the swap meets or online auctions?
It appears the vibration dampeners vary not just by year but by vehicle manufacturer, we have a lot more knowledge when "shopping".

The more I compare the Firebird and Camaro, I continue to find they are more different than alike. In 1969 I knew I wanted either a Camaro or Firebird for my first car. I found a good year-old '68 Bird first. After 35 years, I still own it.

Jim
68 400HO Conv.
post #26 of 116 (permalink) Old Mar 23rd, 04, 08:59 PM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
John

Well, to me, it does appear that there is one set that is a crossover. The 1967 Firebird fronts do appear to be the same as the 1968 Camaro fronts.

I can post some pics of unmounted shaker pairs with dimensions if desired. The mounted pictures are a big help too.

Thanks for the replies, and keep up the good work!

John
Camaro Purgatory

67 BB Vert - in pieces
67 RS SS - in pieces (but less than before)
67 Pieces - in pieces
post #27 of 116 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 04, 03:10 AM
Senior Tech
David

So, can somebody tell me if these (just by looking) are the fronts for a '69

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=42609

David

post #28 of 116 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 04, 07:44 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Randy

Quote:
Originally posted by 3SuperSports:
So, can somebody tell me if these (just by looking) are the fronts for a '69

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=42609
The rears do not look like they are for a '69. Look at the picture on page 1 of this thread and the top bracket is curved on the '69. I believe that the fronts are the same for all 3 years but not sure.

-Randy

post #29 of 116 (permalink) Old Mar 24th, 04, 03:21 PM
Senior Tech

found these pictures on ebay [img]graemlins/waving.gif[/img]
http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ebaymotors/w...category=34200
post #30 of 116 (permalink) Old Mar 25th, 04, 11:15 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Randy

Quote:
Originally posted by coach420:
found these pictures on ebay [img]graemlins/waving.gif[/img]
http://cgi.aol.ebay.com/ebaymotors/w...category=34200
That is what mine look like. Notice the upper bracket on the rears is not curved.

-Randy

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode