LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 115 (permalink) Old Aug 24th, 04, 09:30 AM
Tech Team

Here are the #s for a 69 Camaro:
3962787 Left Rear
3962788 Right Rear
3962789 Left Front
3962790 Right Front

I have not been able to find any of these #s on any of my shakers.....they are out of the 69 AIM.

Doug
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 115 (permalink) Old Nov 5th, 04, 06:11 AM
Tech Team
Matt

It appears from the photos I have seen the big leg on 68 Front shakers is longer than firebird shakers of the same year. Is this true or are the interchangeable?

68 396 Convertible - One of None
Only if my wife knew how much I spend on this car.
post #63 of 115 (permalink) Old Dec 14th, 04, 08:31 PM
mark

Send a message via Yahoo to mark holland
I can get a # for a front rh side from a 68 rs/ss convertible L48 im redoing. only one i got out at the time, its rusty though, i'll try

MARK HOLLAND

post #64 of 115 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 04, 11:54 AM
Senior Tech
Ed

Entering this thread VERY late, but here are the part numbers for the 67/68 from my September, 1968 P&A:

67-68 Front Left - 3909919
67-68 Front Right - 3909920
67-68 Rear Left - 3909927
67-68 Rear Right - 3909928

Also, the P&A shows the part numbers for the 69's as:

69 - Front Left - 3950101
69 - Front Right - 3950102
69 - Rear Left - 3950109
69 - Rear Left - 3950110

Looks like the 69 part numbers were superceeded at some point to what Doug shows above. Wonder if the 67/68's were also superceeded??

It also appears that the 67 Firebird rears will interchange with the 67 and 68 Camaro rears. Same part number... The rest don't look interchangable (at least from a part number standpoint).

Now, I placed an ad in the "wanted" section last night for a set of front 68's. Does anyone have a front set they no longer need and would be willing to part with??? I really don't want to pay ebay prices!

Thanks
Ed

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #65 of 115 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 05, 07:54 AM
Senior Tech

Does anyone know what car this one is for?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...sPageName=WDVW
post #66 of 115 (permalink) Old Mar 13th, 05, 10:27 AM
Tech Team

It looks like it would fit the right rear on my '68 Firebird for one. See: http://www.geocities.com/jims68fb/Trunk.html

Jim
68 400HO Conv.
post #67 of 115 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 05, 06:47 AM

Re: Cocktail Shakers

Removed by admin...

Last edited by DjD; Oct 28th, 05 at 12:42 PM.
post #68 of 115 (permalink) Old Oct 28th, 05, 12:43 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

grobbo - we try to keep business out of the tech forums. Send the person you addressed an e-mail or PM and solicite him directly please...

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #69 of 115 (permalink) Old Oct 30th, 05, 04:30 AM

sorry didn't know .first time user
post #70 of 115 (permalink) Old Nov 14th, 05, 07:40 PM

You guys are great, as an owner of both firebird and camaros - I love them all. I will have to check the shakers I got - they are 67 vintage - unfortunately my brother and I have a couple of sets and will have to see how badly we have mixed them up as he has a 68 and we have the bird.

Please keep up the great discussion. I don't have a lot to add at the moment as I am researching myself - I will try to send pics of what we have as we have a couple of sets. Come to think of it, my brother has an original 69 vert in storage we were goign to restore and am unsure if the shakers were still in it - I will look and send some pics. I do have one question. My brother and I both have verts, but wondering about body sag and a little worried about this. Any problems with the cars twisting? I was wondering about adding even more weight to the ends of the cars with the shakers. I literally put my car on the road a month ago and am ready to put away for the winter but would like to know before I have my car fully dialled in.

Bernie - 66 flareside.
post #71 of 115 (permalink) Old Dec 2nd, 05, 08:31 PM
Tech Team
MIKE

Admin Edit.

Last edited by DjD; Dec 2nd, 05 at 11:19 PM. Reason: Please list them in our classified forum, your ebay will end and this thread will still be here as reference material.
post #72 of 115 (permalink) Old Dec 8th, 05, 08:23 PM
Senior Tech
Mark

Are they important to use, what do they do?

Mark

69 Rag Top

post #73 of 115 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 06, 06:36 PM
Senior Tech
Eric

Wow, lots of conflicting info out there. I've read both shaker threads and done searches to find an answer, but nothing for sure.

Has anyone put a set of rear '68 bird shakers in a '68 camaro? I have a '68 camaro, there is a set of bird shakers on ebay. I've read posts and sites that said they will not work at all and I've read posts from people that have done it without problems.

Any help would be appriciated.

thanks
post #74 of 115 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 06, 08:33 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezeglen
Wow, lots of conflicting info out there. I've read both shaker threads and done searches to find an answer, but nothing for sure.

Has anyone put a set of rear '68 bird shakers in a '68 camaro? I have a '68 camaro, there is a set of bird shakers on ebay. I've read posts and sites that said they will not work at all and I've read posts from people that have done it without problems.

Any help would be appriciated.

thanks
Not that there is so much conflicting info, there's a lot of it and you need to weed through some of the firebird vs camaro chest thumping that went on. Also since this thread is rather old some pictures are nothing more than little red x's.... I was able to pull this much for you though -

1968 Camaro trunk:
http://home.comcast.net/~chris.karam/Img_0876.jpg

1968 firebird trunk: http://www.geocities.com/jims68fb/Trunk.html

They look different to me and don't even look like they would bolt up...

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #75 of 115 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 06, 09:31 PM

I saw some shakers in the trunk of a 69 Firebird today.
They are either so rusted that the spring is showing on the lower half of the shaker, or, this is the way they are made. I will try to take a picture of it tomorrow. One thing for sure is, there is a spring in these things, on the lower portion anyway.

I have just learned about these cocktail shakers and I'm trying to find some parts, and some info., before I buy a 69 Firebird Convertable that a buddy of mine has.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode