For best results use specific forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #46 of 99 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 14, 05:55 AM
Senior Tech

Re: Custom Sequential Turn Signals

Quote:
Originally Posted by withac View Post
Yeah, I think that's what ill do.

Thanks for all the feedback and helping me understand the whole process.
no problem

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'00 Sierra ext. cab 5.3l intake best run 15.89

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2000 grand prix GTP
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 99 (permalink) Old Apr 9th, 14, 12:38 PM
Team Member
Brandon

Iím back, hopefully with my last question. The listing for the flasher has ended but there are a bunch of others, all with a different ending number. The one you list ends in EP98, I canít find any that end in that. There a bunch that look the same but there are several different ending numbers. Do you know if that matters?

Thanks

'69 coupe, 350 engine and trans, HEI Dist, headers, posi-track. It's a good 15 footer

post #48 of 99 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 14, 10:16 AM
Senior Tech

this should work

http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-Pin-hot-sa...0bf8f1&vxp=mtr

2000 grand prix GTP
post #49 of 99 (permalink) Old Apr 10th, 14, 10:18 AM
Team Member
Brandon

Ok, thanks, they all looked the same I just didn't know if those last numbers and letters made any distinction in the function.

I appreciate the time.

'69 coupe, 350 engine and trans, HEI Dist, headers, posi-track. It's a good 15 footer

post #50 of 99 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 14, 01:15 PM
Team Member
Brandon

I took my tail light housing apart, things will fit, this is doable. I did find that the silver paint on the inside around the bulbs that is supposed to reflect the light is flaking badly. When I do the mod I plan on cleaning it up and painting it. I’m wondering about what will work the best, silver like it is, white, or you can even get spray paint that is supposed to look like chrome. What are your thoughts on what would reflect the best?

post #51 of 99 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 14, 08:47 PM
Senior Tech

Really it shouldnt matter as led lights are directional you will want to have the panels aiming out the lenses

Sent from my SGH-T759 using Tapatalk 2

2000 grand prix GTP
post #52 of 99 (permalink) Old Apr 11th, 14, 08:53 PM
Team Member
Brandon

Guess you're right they aren't like a bulb with a 360 degree light emission. Thanks.

post #53 of 99 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 14, 10:00 AM
Team Member
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjrolke View Post
one would go under the dash in the fuse block the other under the dash where the second flasher is

you have to ground the 3rd prong on each flasher as well

here is a better video of my setup

http://youtu.be/9OUE5DE2ds4
I assume when you say third prong you mean the one that is perpendicular to the other two that are across from each other?

post #54 of 99 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 14, 04:11 PM
Team Member
Brandon

Quote:
I assume when you say third prong you mean the one that is perpendicular to the other two that are across from each other?
Nope, never mind, I just found a spare flasher and can see which is the extra prong.

post #55 of 99 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 14, 04:12 PM
Senior Tech

I will have to look at mine but i believe it is one pin marked g but i will have to double check i googled how to wire the 3pin flasher

2000 grand prix GTP
post #56 of 99 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 14, 04:14 PM
Team Member
Brandon

I found a two pin flasher so I was assuming I plug in the same two the ground the third

post #57 of 99 (permalink) Old Apr 12th, 14, 07:33 PM
Senior Tech

Quote:
I found a two pin flasher so I was assuming I plug in the same two the ground the third
yes

2000 grand prix GTP
post #58 of 99 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 14, 03:57 PM
Team Member
Brandon

Well, got the delays and LED panels and flashers ordered. Looks like they are literally coming on the slow boat from China, should be here in three to four weeks.

post #59 of 99 (permalink) Old Apr 20th, 14, 05:31 PM
Senior Tech

Yea they take a while to get there but it is worth the time for these results

2000 grand prix GTP
post #60 of 99 (permalink) Old Apr 24th, 14, 11:53 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jason

anyone want to post how they mounted the resisters/diodes? Did you just solder them right to the light panel and put them behind the LED panel inside the housing or somewhere else? Did you use any shrink tubing or anything on top of them?

Jason
2009 CTS-V - 1968 Camaro 327/M20 Sequoia Green
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode