Re: Custom Sequential Turn Signals
Ok, I wired everything up like the diagram earlier in this thread. I only did the left side.
1) When I put my test light on the contacts on the right side of the delay relay, the bottom connection where the yellow wire connects is dead. The middle one with blue jumper wire and the top empty slot blink but there is no delay.
2) On the left side of the delay by the top inside and bottom inside corner of the green connector box is a little LED. The bottom one is marked ground and blinks with the
blinkers. The top one never lights up.
3) When I turn on the left blinker it blinks solo. When I turn on the right blinker the left one blinks too. After a few steady but dimmer blinks on the left, the blink will flicker or stutter, then go back to a rhythmic blink for a few cycles.
4) when I step on the brakes the brake lights come on, after a few seconds the outside section on the ones I'm working with goes out, there is a click in the delay relay, and a little read LED in the middle of the delay relay comes on. If let off the brake and step on it again it comes back on and does the same thing.
5) I replaced the flashers with the LED compatible ones. The one under the dash that runs the turn signals clicks continuously when the key is turned. The lights don't blink, but the flasher clicks. I swapped it with the one on the firewall fuse panel to see if I had a bad flasher. Nope, either one clicks continuously when plugged into the turn signal connection.
I guess there are two possibilities, bad delay relay or more likely I've wired something wrong.
'69 coupe, 350 engine and trans, HEI Dist, headers, posi-track. It's a good 15 footer
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.