Custom Sequential Turn Signals - Page 7 - Team Camaro Tech
Camaro Tech General Tech Area
For best results use specific forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #91 of 99 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 14, 02:54 PM
Team Member
Brandon

Re: Custom Sequential Turn Signals

I think it's Black Magic. I couldn't get my new relays to work so I tried the old ones, they didn't at first, I didn't do anything different, turned the adjustment knob like I have a dozen times already, but for whatever reason, they started working. I have no idea why.

'69 coupe, 350 engine and trans, HEI Dist, headers, posi-track. It's a good 15 footer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #92 of 99 (permalink) Old Jun 18th, 14, 02:57 PM
Team Member
Brandon

I apologize for dominating this thread, but I do have a couple of tips to pass on.

On my '69 the small clear window for the reverse lights was yellowed and hazy. I took a cloth buffing wheel I use with my drill, and used my Meguiars cleaning compound then the Meguiars polishing compound, on both sides, huge difference, look almost good as new.

Also, I didn't like the light output of one LED panel when powered through the resistor, so I mounted two in each section. One pair are wired to the main tail lights the other pair to the turn signals. It does give them a stacked look when both are on, but I like the output much better.

'69 coupe, 350 engine and trans, HEI Dist, headers, posi-track. It's a good 15 footer

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #93 of 99 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 14, 07:25 AM
Senior Tech

glad to hear you got it to work

the adjustment knob on the delay relay is kind of weird

'00 Sierra ext. cab 5.3l intake best run 15.89

2000 grand prix GTP

post #94 of 99 (permalink) Old Jun 22nd, 14, 06:01 PM
Team Member
Brandon

Ok, that's a vid of my sequential lights. I buffed the reverse lense up so it's more clear and put an LED panel in there too. The right is wired the way this thread says. I though the tail lights were too dim. The left side has a white LED panel on the bottom and a red LED panel on top. I removed the resistor/diode assemblies and have the tail light power going to the white panels and the turn signal/brake wire going to red panel with the delay relay wired up to the outside panel. It gives it a stacked look when they are both on. I'm not sure if I like it but I don't hate it and I do like the brighter tail lights.

I can't get it to upload here but did on Facebook. I don't know if you can view it or not but here's the link.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...&id=1194973842

post #95 of 99 (permalink) Old Oct 27th, 14, 03:17 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Bill

I wonder if these panels would be better, they are the 1.6w "super bright" panels
http://www.ebay.com/itm/gib-Super-Br...08890340&rt=nc

<---Click for video

post #96 of 99 (permalink) Old Dec 9th, 14, 03:36 PM
Senior Tech
Lex

Wow, that freakin rocks ! In the near future for sure. At the moment working on a pulley system. Right on !

68 Camaro / 400 ci / 3.73 10 /
Edelbrock Performer Series 600 cfm no. 14054
Edelbrock Performer EPS Intake Manifold 27014

98 GMC Suburban / 454 V8 / K2500 4x4

post #97 of 99 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 16, 09:28 AM
Bill

I just converted my led lights to sequential with the relay listed here. I was surprised how many turns I had to go to get them to even start to come on.
If you turn the little screw head clockwise until it makes a click every turn, you have to back it out probably 10 or more turns.
Once you get them to come on there is a very small adjustment from no delay to not coming on at all.
post #98 of 99 (permalink) Old Mar 7th, 16, 10:11 AM
Team Member
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by napabilly View Post
I just converted my led lights to sequential with the relay listed here. I was surprised how many turns I had to go to get them to even start to come on.
If you turn the little screw head clockwise until it makes a click every turn, you have to back it out probably 10 or more turns.
Once you get them to come on there is a very small adjustment from no delay to not coming on at all.
Yeah, those delay relays are really touchy

post #99 of 99 (permalink) Old Aug 5th, 16, 12:31 PM
Jan

Nice thread, I will apply that to my car.
Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode