Team Camaro Tech banner

68 wiper arm /motor problem ??

4K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  KevinW 
#1 ·
I'm not the technical guy, just the owner-forgive me if I don't know all the names of the parts. OK- the place that holds the arm assembly to the motor - there is a screw that goes on to hold the arm. When the arm is off we turn on the wipers they little bolt area is spinning as it should. As soon as we attach the arm, they go about half way and stop- like it's hitting something and jamming, but it's not. When we manually pull on the arm it will move about half, then it stops. We tried putting the arm "bracket" on, top, bottom etc.. (meaning the arm is above the bracket and bolt, or below) Hope that makes sense- what could be causing the motor to spin fine with no arms attached, then when attached, only move half the way??

Thanks

#3 ·
There are two screws that hold the arm pivot points to the upper cowl. The repros are too long, you need to trim them shorter or the wiper linkages can hit them. When the linkages are jammed, feel underneath and see if it is hitting the screw.

#7 ·
I don't have access to pictures, but I had one sent from a friend, and it is hooked up correctly. So, here's my next question. With the "arm" disconnected from the transmission motor, should it just spin when turned on, or go back and forth? Mine sins 360 edges with no arms attached and the wipers turned on.

#9 ·
The arm on the motor does a full 360 spin. As the main arms goes around it imparts a back and forth motion. You should be able to take the rod that is attached to both wiper arm mounts (round knobs) and go back and forth and the knobs should go around 100 deg.

#10 ·
Do you maybe have a 69 motor "arm" on your 68?
I'm talking about the little arm that bolts onto the shaft of the wiper motor.
There's a difference in the way they're indexed between 67-67 and 69...I think it's about a 100deg diff.

Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.