Team Camaro Tech banner

Don't disown me I bought a.......

6K views 62 replies 30 participants last post by  satz28 
#1 ·
1970 Chevelle SS396 4 Speed

All original completely restored with the build sheet.

NOM Engine. Has a 454 punched to 468 with Dart Heads and a Comp Roller Cam along with Hooker Supercomp Headers. Dressed to look stock

I'm changing the wheels to Repo SS wheels 15" Just couldn't roll on the Vette wheels that are on it or the OEM 14" wheels that came with the car.

I already changed the steering wheel back to the SS 3 Spoke

See less See more
#5 ·
Actually I got rid the the 2014 Lingenfelter SC Vette I bought last month.

Just had to get back to a Muscle Car

This one will keep the original look and BBC

3.31 posi so it's good at freeway speed however it's does like a lot of gas. Lol

New Wheels and Tires go on Wed.

#7 ·
Nothing wrong with a Shovel - at least you stuck with the bowtie brand:thumbsup:

#9 ·
Very cool and looks like a lot of fun! One of my favorites.

#10 ·
Very nice, John.
Yes, 454's drink gas. Remember, carbed 454's got 5-8 MPG, my 6000lb empty Dually, 454TBI/THM400/3.73 gets 11 MPG, loaded or not.
Glad to read you don't like the Vega steering wheel either.
Agree, wheels have to go.

Enjoy the ride and a nice one it is.

#14 ·
This is the 55 I built a few years ago. Merlin 509 all coil over suspension rack and pinion with a 700R4.

Last pic is when reliable picked it up for the new owner.

Has the 66 SS396 Chevelle and my 04 Vette with the Maggie at that time too. Gone but not forgotten.

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Classic

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Classic car Sedan

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Steering part

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Classic car

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Classic car

#15 ·
Very sweet ride John, I love how clean and original it looks under the hood and agree with you and the others on the wheels and steering wheel. Enjoy your frequent visits to the gas station :surprise:

#24 ·
No disowning from me. Over the years I've had a 65 El Camino, a 69 Chevelle SS 396, as well as a 66 and a 72 Malibu.

Even though I've had a few 3rd and a few 4th gens (still have an 02 Z28 as my DD) I still like the 1st gen Camaro's best though...

#29 ·
Come on John is that all the pictures you can let us see? I love the Chevelles almost as much as my 67 Camaro. I'm jealous of you now! I can see why you couldn't pass on that deal. Take good care of it. You know with all those cars you buy and sell If you need a son to help take care of them you can adopt me. LOL! :laugh:

#34 ·
I'm building a new 69 Protour Car with my son. LS7 stroked to 441. So that will keep me going with 1st Gens for a while.

Nice driving the bigger BBC Chevelle for a change. :beers:

Reactions: rgwiz
#35 ·
John, that was one beautiful 55, I loved the color combo, very regal.

I need to go to my folks house and dig through my mom's old photos and see if I can track down a picture of my old 56 Belair, back when I did it was late 90's, old school hotrod, buckets from a second gen camaro, Hurst Slap shifter, Lakewood traction bars, Crager 5 spokes, Thrush glass packs with side dumps and Black Laquer paint with Charcoal interior.

Man, I miss that car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.