67 SS 350 badging - Team Camaro Tech
Camaro Tech General Tech Area
For best results use specific forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 17, 05:54 PM Thread Starter
Hayve

67 SS 350 badging

Hey guys, my newly purchased 67 SS clone has "SS" (only, not SS 350) badges on the front grill, steering wheel horn cap insert, and gas cap. It also has "327" over the "V" flags on the fenders (car has a 350 in it). So to at least make it a good clone (LOL), is it correct to change the front grill, steering horn cap insert, and gas cap to "SS 350" and also change the "327" on the fenders above the "v" flag to "350"?

It has the "SS" on the very front of each fender also which I see on all 67 SS's. It also has the SS hood, but has the "stack" inserts instead of the grooved inserts, should this be changed over also to be correct? I have three grown sons and a birthday around the corner, ha ha this year I know what I want! Where would you buy them from for a nice driver?

Last question is is there a way to change the 327 to 350 (over the v flags) without removing the inner fenders etc?

Thanks in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 15th, 17, 07:35 PM
Senior Tech
Garth

Re: 67 SS 350 badging

As I understand it, SS 350 emblems ended when the 396 was introduced in Jan 67. At that time all SS (350 or 396) cars got SS badges. So to be technically correct, it would depend on the build date.

All 67 SS hoods had "finned" hood ornaments.

If you're agile with a long skinny arm, loosening the lower rear fender bolts, pulling the fender out and blocking it with a 2x4, should work !

Exterior Related - Camaro FAQ

• '68 RS, AA, 749, L30, M(uncie)20 (originally a 3spd), 15yr backburner resto........
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 17, 09:18 AM
Senior Tech
Joe

I have a late build (06B) and the only places it says 350 is the steering wheel and fender flags. Grill and gas cap are SS only.

67 RS/SS 350 4sp.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 17, 11:05 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Steve

My 67 10E came with SS on the Gas Cap and Grille. RS on the steering wheel. It did not have 350 on any of the emblems.

67RSSS......owned since 69. A basket case for most of it.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 17, 07:44 PM Thread Starter
Hayve

Thanks! As far as skinny arms....I know a guy!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 16th, 17, 09:31 PM
Senior Tech
Garth

I figured you might know a guy or 3...

I don't have any experience with the hood louvers, but HBC usually offers the best repro stuff (and NOS) available, plus the best shipping rates....Camaro SS Hood louver ornaments pair 1967 - 1967, 1968, 1969 Camaro Parts - NOS, Rare, Reproduction Camaro Parts for your Restoration

• '68 RS, AA, 749, L30, M(uncie)20 (originally a 3spd), 15yr backburner resto........
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode