Camaro Tech General Tech Area
For best results use specific forums

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 49 (permalink) Old May 15th, 06, 09:02 PM Thread Starter
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage
Please check for the correct forum before posting...

Folks you are wearing out the moderators, their fingers are bleeding from moving non-tech threads out of this forum to bench racing as well as topic's that clearly fit in other tech forums without thinking hard about it.

This forum should never be used for non-tech posts and only be used when you have a topic that doesn't fit in one of the other forums. Like it says under the title from the main forum page "General Tech Area For best results use specific forums"

This is not a scolding or some type of power trip, just a simple request to get everyone to think about where they are posting... All the moderators are just trying to help, and that's the TC spirit just like trying to make sure folks get the right answers to their questions and helping with other site issues that crop up. If you haven't seen all the forums available here's a direct link...

http://www.camaros.net/forums/index.php

Here's a link to the main page as well, there may be some aspects of the site you've missed just hanging out in one place...

http://www.camaros.net/

Thank for reading this and for doing your part.

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 49 (permalink) Old May 25th, 06, 11:19 PM
Senior Tech
John

Re: A request from the moderators...

I have a sugestion;
Why not move "Camaro Tech" to the bottom of the page, instead of having it the first topic, at the top of the page? "Camaro Tech" does sound like an all encompassing lure to a first commer, until they decifer the way the site is really set up.

John
'67 SS/RS (RR)
'68 RS conv. (J2)
'68 Z/28 (VV)
'68 Drag Car(ZZ) 11.30 @ 118
'73 Corvette Drag Car 12.64 @ 106

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 49 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 06, 08:23 AM Thread Starter
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Sorry I missed the questions here until now... John your suggestion is being given consideration...

...Dennis

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."

Last edited by DjD; Jun 7th, 06 at 09:34 AM.

post #4 of 49 (permalink) Old Jun 1st, 06, 10:03 AM
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

It is indeed a catch-all type of forum. From past experience it seems that unless there is a forum like this some new visitors get frustrated and never post, or if they do, it's in an area which doesn't get answered.

If it's not readily visible it would encourage more looking through the forums, but when we did that a few years ago the emails came in asking where to post. We can always give it another try.
post #5 of 49 (permalink) Old Aug 24th, 06, 02:20 PM

how about how do you place an ad in the cars for sale section?
post #6 of 49 (permalink) Old Aug 24th, 06, 03:13 PM
Senior Tech

How about you don't move anything and just let it go?
post #7 of 49 (permalink) Old Aug 29th, 06, 06:29 PM
Senior Tech
Scott

I have a suggestion, is it possible to put a disclaimer banner with large, bold lettereing on the general forum page? Something like: "Please post your question in the approriate forum section. Catagories have been set up to help answer your questions efficiently. Please read the section description carefully before you post. Due to the volume of posts on this forum, all posts made outside of section content will be deleted. Please refer to our F.A.Q. section for further guidance. Thanks for your cooperation, Team Camaro Administratiors."

I know we do not want to discourage people, but simple rules should be just that. If people cannot figure that out then it is time for them to put down the wrenches.

post #8 of 49 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 06, 07:14 AM
Senior Tech
Errol

How about if you changed the title,to something with less connection.
Everybody goes here first to find something or to post, because they want it in a hurray plus its first in line.
-------------------
Is there a car show this week-end
post #9 of 49 (permalink) Old Oct 21st, 06, 08:50 AM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

how about we look where we post before we post........umm novel idea I think.

I am just as guilty as anyone posting in the wrong place now and then because I have not done what I put above. Times that by 20,000 and I get DJD point.

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
post #10 of 49 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 06, 06:15 AM
Bill George

I am guilty of this myself and am sorry for it.Now i know.How about like above moveing it and makeing one called B-S for just anything members want to discuss.Just a thought.This is how it is set up on the nova site i am a member of also.It like this site is one of the best i belong to!I came to a realization that chevy people are just alot cooler than any other car maker.I am a member on other forums and there are only a few people on them that are decent.If you want to check it out the nova site is www.steevesnovasite.com like here there is tons of info and great people to connect with and that is what it is all about to me.In my short time here i already have made friends with one member (MIKE) and plan on a cruise this comeing spring/summer with him.

CHEVY RULES.... HENRY WHOooo ?
post #11 of 49 (permalink) Old Nov 24th, 06, 11:55 AM
Senior Tech
Steps

I had a similar problem..so I got the stats for the most visited and most posted sections and placed them at the top, under thew "introduce yourself" the rest in order going down.
Result was far less intances of posting in wrong section, and the intro yourself tended to take most of them so it was basically only that area to mod.

My Spelling is not incorrect...it is creative

post #12 of 49 (permalink) Old Feb 10th, 07, 07:07 PM
Senior Tech
Joe

How about calling a FORD forum? Then it wont get used at all.

post #13 of 49 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 08, 07:00 PM
Senior Tech
Dale

Send a message via AIM to Dale8346

Maybe you could ask people to always put their YEAR in the topic.
post #14 of 49 (permalink) Old Mar 5th, 08, 08:42 PM
Senior Tech
67 Camaros Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale8346 View Post
Maybe you could ask people to always put their YEAR in the topic.
This idea could be put in the info area under our names/nicks so it's can be seen if the member wants it there. I know some of us have more than one camaro but the space should have a place for only one.

Joe

"If you can leave black marks on a straight from the time you exit a corner till the time you brake for the next turn.......
Then, you have enough horsepower."
-Mark Donahue
My 67 Camaro Time Line
post #15 of 49 (permalink) Old Mar 14th, 08, 05:39 PM
Senior Tech
Don

My Bad today!!!!!!!!

I totally did not see the part about steering under the breaks and suspension forum!!!!

Sorry!!

Just for punishment, I will drive a 65 Mustang for a few days so as to repent.

My 68 coupe that I begged for since age 6..350, 4 speed, new paint

See some progress below!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode