NCRS Shippers Reports Available May 1 2014? - Page 2 - Team Camaro Tech
Restoration Corner Where originality comes first

2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #16 of 208 (permalink) Old May 1st, 14, 09:13 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Fred

Re: NICB reports Available in April 2014?

I'm missing out on all of the excitement.

One owner 69 Camaro,(yep, bought it new
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
)
RS SS Hugger Orange, L88, 4:10's tru-tack posi, ducted hood, Endura, spoilers.
TH400 (CX) with Coan 8" converter, GV-OD, 8 track still on console and best et 10.495,
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
128.79mph 1.428 60'
All with 1960's stuff. (except tires and converter)
+ MT Super Scavenger headers & 3" full exhaust with X pipe. 3700 lbs. with me in it.
1000cfm AED and HD Harold-Lunati SR, 725 lift with shaft rockers too.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #17 of 208 (permalink) Old May 1st, 14, 09:38 AM
Team Member
Jennifer

My order was #168 at 10:36 eastern time. I am 99% sure of the original dealer for my car but I'll gladly pay the $50 to be 100% sure and help offset the cost. I hope they not only recoup the 100k but end up making money. Anything to help bring more things like this out of the archives.

Frosty 69- L65, TH350, original RS (and will be again some day), 59 59 frost green with D90 hockey stripe, power windows- back on the road after 20 long years!
nsaneblk- 2011 Camaro Black 2LT/RS M6 (daily driver)
post #18 of 208 (permalink) Old May 1st, 14, 09:42 AM
Senior Tech
Russ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilodeaulynn View Post
How many cars are out there with fake POP, fake Window Sticker, etc. The chances that those scum bags who paid to have fake docs made, along with the scum bags who forged the docs for them guessed the right dealer is somewhere between slim and none. A lot of big money fake cars will be exposed.
Hate to say it, but those same scumbags will probably be faking these next, hoping any buyer assumes it's genuine and doesn't run their own verification/second report through NCRS.

post #19 of 208 (permalink) Old May 1st, 14, 09:58 AM
Brian

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by trland View Post
The confirmation email I got says "Thank you for your order nr. 58" That was at about 6:30 this morning, so you probably were the first. I'm not up that early or that late!
I didn't notice that in the email, but mine is 23 LOL

1969 Z11 Pace Car - L48 350cid/300hp - 4 Speed Muncie 12 bolt rear.

Super Moderator Team Camaro
to send me a private message
post #20 of 208 (permalink) Old May 1st, 14, 10:26 AM
Brian

Orders #108 & #109.
I have some owner history provided by a previous owner that goes back to the original owner being in New Hampshire so if it comes back the same it's worth the money. My other one is a pace car that the previous owners son in law told me the car was at the race. Vin is too late for that but curious where the dealer was.
post #21 of 208 (permalink) Old May 1st, 14, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Senior Tech
Brent

I'm #137.

I think that makes my report more valuable than Jennifer's report #138.
post #22 of 208 (permalink) Old May 1st, 14, 02:05 PM
Brian

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by automan4 View Post
Orders #108 & #109.
I have some owner history provided by a previous owner that goes back to the original owner being in New Hampshire so if it comes back the same it's worth the money. My other one is a pace car that the previous owners son in law told me the car was at the race. Vin is too late for that but curious where the dealer was.
I do too from the predecessor of NICB before the merger and the privacy act. So I'm hopping the sanitized data matches.

Sent from my iPhone using Autoguide

post #23 of 208 (permalink) Old May 2nd, 14, 05:02 PM
Tech Team
Scott

#410 on day two.....
post #24 of 208 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 14, 04:16 AM
Brian

Garage

Yeah NCRS knew it would be a very popular item with us, and the Chevelle and Nova guys - that's why the effort to convert these decaying microfiche slides was undertaken by them even at its considerable front end cost and extended time necessary for data entry they knew it would be a good product to market - even though Corvettes are their niche.

post #25 of 208 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 14, 09:08 AM
DT
Gold Lifetime Member
Donny

Garage

I'm going to place my order as you guys did, but I must admit, I'm not as exited as most of you are. OK now that I found the dealer info out, now what?? Most of them are long gone no??? Just saying.

1969 X66 396 LeMans Blue, M20, 373 ...

1969 Convertible (just arrived)
post #26 of 208 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 14, 09:15 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Lynn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT View Post
I'm going to place my order as you guys did, but I must admit, I'm not as exited as most of you are. OK now that I found the dealer info out, now what?? Most of them are long gone no??? Just saying.
For most of us, you are correct. It may not lead to anything.

However, for some this can lead to other info.

It is more than we have had available until now.

Lynn
post #27 of 208 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 14, 09:39 AM
DT
Gold Lifetime Member
Donny

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bilodeaulynn View Post
For most of us, you are correct. It may not lead to anything.

However, for some this can lead to other info.

It is more than we have had available until now.
Good point Lynn.

1969 X66 396 LeMans Blue, M20, 373 ...

1969 Convertible (just arrived)
post #28 of 208 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 14, 12:19 PM
Brian

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT View Post
Ah but even though the dealership may have dissolved years ago, their old paper sales and maintenance archives may not have. You hear about a building full of paper records being emptied all the time and the records hit eBay or other auction sites. A guy bought a "lot of old file cabinets" from a used office furniture store, only to discover the contents were worth a thousand times what he paid for the old steel filing cabinets.

For a lucky few all they need is the dealership name to start digging. Some folks who have walked into large quantities of dealership records rarely understand what they have or how to market them. I've seen dealer invoices sold at these huge "papermania" shows as "unique wallpaper ideas" do to the nice historic picture on the masthead of the dealership circa 1960. The seller had no clue what or where the VIN number was, nor how she would have marketed them by vin requests. Too bad it was a Oldsmobile/Pontiac dealership otherwise I might have "wallpapered" my house.

post #29 of 208 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 14, 04:28 PM
Senior Tech
Tim

Warren recently found a number of old newspaper ads featuring cars for sale, that included the VIN and a description of options. I believe Jim's (Click) old car was one of these. So once you know the original receiving dealer, assuming that was also the selling dealer, you could start to check local newspaper archives for the months following the build date to see if your car was advertised. Long shot, and a fair bit of legwork (or keyboard time) required, but could pay off for some.

1969 04A Van Nuys-built Z/28. Cortez Silver with dark blue interior and VE3. Raced in E/MP at Lions in LA. Now restoring!
post #30 of 208 (permalink) Old May 3rd, 14, 05:47 PM
Brian

Garage

Yeah that was a great find and stuff like that happens all the time. All you need a one key to open a ton of doors.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode