GM fiberglass Crossram Hood hood pin location - Team Camaro Tech
Restoration Corner Where originality comes first

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old Jul 4th, 04, 04:59 AM Thread Starter

Question

I was lucky enough to purchase an original GM fiberglass Crossram hood. Problem is the holes for the hood pins have been long ago filled in. Does anyone know of an original GM fiberglass hood with the original hood pin holes? I am hoping to find the absolute original correct location to place the hood pin holes. I am new here and I am not even sure this is the right place to post this question.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old Jul 12th, 04, 04:55 AM
Senior Tech

Hi Steve,

A realy good picture of the pins location and lanyards is shown in Michael Lamm's "The Great Camaro" Book. It has been published for quite a long time so it might be out of print. It has pix from GM archives showing many obscure options rare develpment photos. It has tons of great detailed Camaro info and is more accurate than many other books on the subject.

Those hoods were service parts and not production line pieces. The owner would install the pins. I had a fiberglass cowl hood for many years and I used the picture in the book to locate my hood pins. The radiator support is the logical place for the pins.

I remember it was difficult to open the hood so I added 2 small springs around the pins to lift the hood slightly after the pins were pulled. I am not sure if other people did that back in the day but it sure made servicing under the hood easier.

If you can't find the book, let me know and I will figure out another way for you to see the pins

-Mark.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode