Team Camaro Tech banner

Steve's OTT Camaro build

57K views 232 replies 27 participants last post by  pittpens24 
#1 ·
Hey guys, so thought I'd share the completion of my 4th and FINAL build of my 69 pro touring Camaro. This will take place over the next few months, and will have a TON of custom bits. I'm sure a lot of you are familiar with my bright blue Camaro, so here is a short list of the changes ...
Mini tub with complete new paint (same colour/new stripe)
Some body modifications
New wheels (below)
Complete new interior

Ok, so lets start with the new wheels

New for 2016, Forgeline CV3C 20/19
Rears 335/30/20's
These are sooooo bad ***, in person these are just insane

See less See more
#2 ·
New console build ... so far about 20+ hours already
Will not be going with the carbon fibre, just wanted to see how it looked
custom made shifter plate with the E-Stopp electric brake button (getting anodized black)

#6 ·
Can't wait to see what goodies you have in store for your build. Console looks great! Are you planning on painting or staining the pine or wrapping it?

#7 ·
Jon, thank you ... ya, hope it turns out as nice as my vision is for this last round

Greg, yes getting wrapped in leather with no padding, and the top is getting powder coated satin black to match up with dash, and likely powder coating the machined shifter plate gloss black.

Cheers
Steve

#9 ·
Wow Steve, so your switching things up again on your 69!?!? What all are you re-doing on the interior? I want first dibs on the red stiched Recaro's if your planning on something else!!!

I've got most of my red stiched TMI interior, center console and the one piece headliner sitting in the garage. I've got the motor getting the accy, clutch, bellhousing and T56 magnum getting ready to be assembled so we can look at getting the drivetrain installed.

#10 ·
Jacob, yessir all gone .. LOL, sorry buddy
Now, more details on your build !!?? You've got some real nice stuff happening' there

Cheers
Steve

#13 ·
Thank Ryan, wrapped in leather by the end of the week
Also, PM'd you ...

Cheers
Steve

#14 ·
Update ... Console is almost complete (waiting on some powder coating)
Travelled to Buffalo to pick this up yesterday ... quality is outstanding

#16 ·
Well, I have to say this came out better than I expected. Console 99% done ... about 50 hours to complete

#18 ·
TMI door panels, tore them apart, remade the cheap insert panels with proper board. The doors will be recovered in black leather and properly stitched.
Had the machine shop make me some aluminum billet inserts, powder coated black and counter-sunk the Ringbrothers washers.

Have some idea on the colour and pattern of the new panels (depending on 'new' car colour)

#20 ·
Thanks Don (8

So, the new Precision Metal flush mount Racepak bezel showed up yesterday ... perfect fit

VERY nice fit ...

#22 ·
Console looks awesome. Great attention to detail on this build.

Don

#25 ·
Oh wow I'm definitely behind on the forums, didn't even know that you tore apart your car....again haha. I thought your console before was awesome but what you just made is next level amazing.

Is that a push button start integrated into the shifter plate?

#26 ·
Ryan, so RF has introduced a whole line of new very compact complete units and head units. I went with the PMX-2 .. awesome piece with all the bells and whistles.

PMX-2 - Punch Marine Compact AM/FM/WB Digital Media Receiver 2.7" Display | Rockford Fosgate®

Shawn, welcome back LOL
Glad you asked, as I had to remove the kick down emergency brake to clear my VERY nice kick panels I am installing the E-Stopp electric emergency brake system. I wanted to integrate the E-Stopp button into the machined shifter plate. I think I am going to put the start button into the dash, lower right side. We'll see

As always, I appreciate the great feedback, LOT of work here and imagination so I do appreciate the comments.

Cheers
Steve

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.