What's it worth? & ebay discussions

1Likes
  • 1 Post By gordr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 17th, 17, 07:14 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member
Gordon

'68 Z-28 on Craiglist

Anyone know about this one? And if it's authentic......

https://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/pts/6045845941.html

67 Plain Jane being assembled with 427, 4 spd Muncie, 12 bolt rear with Mosers, 4 wheel discs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 17th, 17, 07:31 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Jim

Garage
Re: '68 Z-28 on Craiglist

Says "flagged for removal".

P.S. Kelowna and Vernon are two of the nicest places on earth.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 17th, 17, 08:20 AM Thread Starter
Premium Member
Gordon

Jim, I read the ad about 5 mins before posting. Flagged for removal already, means it's not a good one as it had been flagged before. But I managed to send the "seller" a query asking him for the VIN. Doubt I'll get a response but if I do I'll post it here.

Thanks....
VitaminC likes this.

67 Plain Jane being assembled with 427, 4 spd Muncie, 12 bolt rear with Mosers, 4 wheel discs

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 17th, 17, 10:03 AM
Senior Tech
Dave

Don't think it's not good based solely on the flagging. People do that to stop other interested buyers from contacting the seller also.

'69 SS396 X66 L34 08D M21 BS
Z23 711 U17 72 B
Semper Fi!

Build thread:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 17th, 17, 05:20 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Chris

Garage

If you are selling a 68 Z28, why advertise in the local craigslist?
Thats way too small of an audience.
It should be on ebay or hotrodhotline, etc
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 17, 04:02 PM
Tech Team
Lorne

I sold my 68 Z28 to a guy from Kelowna in Oct/ 16, wonder if he's a flipper didn't seem like one but you never know. Would like to see pic of car but CL is removed. Mine was a Cordova Maroon & a real Z. Anybody see the price?
Curiouser & couriser,

lorne
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 17, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
Premium Member
Gordon

Hi Lorne,

Great that there's another 68 Z here in Kelowna. I haven't seen yours here yet. There's another 68 Z here, a blue one that's got the original motor and tranny stored away for when he wants to sell it. He's got another small block in it now so if he busts that other small block up he won't care. Will keep an eye out for yours as the rods come out as soon as the sweepers are done with most of the roads.

The one in the ad was from the Vancouver area and was taken apart as a project. Sub frame still off but rear body done up in gold colour. Says he has a ton of new parts for it. Asking 60 grand. 5 mins after I saw the ad it got flagged and the VIN number was in a pictured spec sheet. I sent a message to the guy asking for the VIN but he hasn't given it to me. If I ever see that ad again I'll screenshot it and upload to here.

Curious as to who you might have sold it to.....was it an experienced car guy? Or a newbie.....?

There was another Maroon 68 Z here about 10 years ago, so there's quite a few in BC.

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old Mar 18th, 17, 09:29 PM
Tech Team
Lorne

He seemed to know quite a bit about the Z28 when we were dealing on it. He was concerned about things on the car & what was not correct. It is an original engine & rear end but the transmission was out of a 69. Interior & paint were very nice. I really hope he enjoys it as we had a lot of fun in the 20 yrs we owned it. If you hear anything about it I would be interested in it. Thanks

lorne
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode