What's it worth? & ebay discussions

3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 60 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 17, 05:51 AM Thread Starter
Team Member
Daniel

black 1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS Convertible

Hi
As some of you knows, I'm still looking for a nice 67 Camaro RS convertible.
Now I found this one:
https://slo.craigslist.org/ctd/6049660466.html
I had a phone call yesterday with the owner. He told me it is an all original car with all matching numbers.
The car has one repaint in the early 80's. No accident, no rust repair, the car is complete original, he said.
I also asked for more pictures like the trim tag, the vin and from under the car. Hope to receive them soon. I don't like the wheels, must be rally wheels, but this is easy to change. I don't like the modern radio and how it is installed.
I'm not sure is it worth to arrange a pre inspection to have more information about the car? The owner said he will not go lower with the price. 45'000 seems a little bit high?
What do you think?

Daniel

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 60 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 17, 06:20 AM
Senior Tech
Michael

Re: black 1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS Convertible

$45K for a black (tough color to get body right and this one looks pretty good) SS RS with these options seems about right.

You still need to verify some stuff like the 12 bolt, engine/tranny, anti-hop bar, brakes and the RS equipment functionality. The shot of the TT will tell a good portion of the story.

It's a lot of money, but if the car is legit and you like it, go for it.
post #3 of 60 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 17, 06:29 AM
Super Moderator
Jake-68's rule

Nice Camaro, but my suggestions are, and I could be wrong, if a SS, no 'Limited Slip' decal on trunk lid, but this decal may have been left out since it has received a repaint, and comes with rear spoiler?
I thought '67's did not come with rear trunk lid spoiler?
If true SS, look for 4P on Trim Tag, should have a 12-bolt posi rear axle?
Good luck, and would make for a nice ride.

Give a man a rescued dog for the health of both their souls.
'I wish the Dollar Store would sell gas,' '
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
CUBS - 2016 World Series Champions

post #4 of 60 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 17, 07:22 AM
John

Garage

Nice looking car. Front and rear spoilers along with aftermarket wheels added somewhere along the line.

Price is OK if it's as advertised and holds up to a complete inspection to verify originality and overall condition of the car. Need to inspect for rust and condition of the paint to make sure no crack, bubbles or other imperfections.

If it checks out I'd offer 10%-15% less and negotiate from there.

69 Z28
69 LS7/T56 Pro Tour #2(BUILDING)
69 Pro Tour - LS3/T56
(SOLD)
69 Pro Tour - LS7/T56 (SOLD)

69 Z28/RS Tribute355/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 RS Clone 427/TH400 (SOLD)
67 RSZZ502/5 Speed (SOLD)
69 Camaro 406 SBC/TH400 (SOLD)
post #5 of 60 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 17, 07:47 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

Wow, looks like the values on these cars are starting to take off again. I was surprised to see mid-40's price tags on a small block RS/SS 'vert. This is a near twin to my 67 in looks (although mine is a Granada Gold car originally.) As Michael said, make sure to authenticate that it is a real RS/SS (trim tag will have 4P and 3L on it) and that all the parts for the headlight doors are present and operating.

And yes, spoilers WERE NOT available on any 67's, except for Pace Cars. Not even the Z/28 had spoilers in 67. Kind of a shame that they were added with the repaint. Kind of wish mine didn't have them, but oh well.

Daniel, since you are across the pond, are you planning to fly over and personally inspect the car you are buying (including a test drive), or are you going to take a leap of faith and maybe have someone over here inspect it for you? Just curious what is involved with selling a car that is going overseas, such as payment, title transfer, transporting it, etc. In a way, I hate seeing American musclecars leaving the USA to probably never be seen prowling the roads around here again, but at the same time, I am glad to see folks outside of our country appreciating these cars for what they were. Good luck to you on your search!

1967 RS/SS 350 Conv - triple black, 4sp, tach & gauges

1969 VN-built RS/SS 396 Conv - Garnet Red/Black, 4-sp, tach & gauges
post #6 of 60 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 17, 08:00 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Roger

Doesn't look original under the hood. It has headers with different intake, valvecovers, air-cleaner and most likely carb. Maybe he is selling the original parts with it. Just because it's a SS doesn't necessarily mean it has to have the locked differential or traction bar.

Roger

1967 Camaro SS/RS 350/295HP Coupe. First and only owner.

Last edited by rogerh; Apr 13th, 17 at 08:20 AM.
post #7 of 60 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 17, 08:18 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogerh View Post
Doesn't look original under the hood. It has headers with different intake, valvecovers, air-cleaner and most likely carb. Maybe he is selling the original parts with it. Just because it's a SS doesn't necessarily mean it has to have the locked differential.

Roger
Yep. lot's of SS cars running around out there with "one-leggers".

Agree that it is missing a lot of the original underhood components. I think he is marketing this one as more of a restomod with the aftermarket wheels and headers and such.

post #8 of 60 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 17, 10:51 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Elroy

Daniel, I live close to Buellton. I just recently had my 69 restored. I've owned a 67 and 68 in the past. I am by no means an expert on Camaros but further ahead than most. I also know most of the restorers and body shop guys in the area. If you need any assistance with this let me know. In fact, I'm heading to Buellton for Easter Sunday.
post #9 of 60 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 17, 11:26 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

Quote:
Originally Posted by RSSSfanatic View Post
And yes, spoilers WERE NOT available on any 67's, except for Pace Cars.
Thanks to RAFbody for pointing out to me that not even the Pace Cars had spoilers from the factory. Caffeine had not kicked in yet - that's my story and I'm sticking with it. Doh!

post #10 of 60 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 17, 11:26 AM
Tech Team
Ben

Garage

very nice car. the interior looks nice but i'm not sure about the paint on dash and door panel tops. did the deluxe interior cars get body paint on these parts or is that something that was done during resto?
post #11 of 60 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 17, 11:54 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhodgdon400 View Post
very nice car. the interior looks nice but i'm not sure about the paint on dash and door panel tops. did the deluxe interior cars get body paint on these parts or is that something that was done during resto?
The interior could have same or different interior color paint. My car has a Cream exterior paint put the interior is gold. The top of the dash is a little darker gold color than the lower dash and doors. The trim tag tells the store of interior and exterior colors.

I also noticed on this car they left off the RS trim spear below the doors.

Roger

post #12 of 60 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 17, 12:15 PM
John

Garage

I don't see that the car is being advertised as an all original car
post #13 of 60 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 17, 12:47 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Tom

The powerglide is a bummer in my book. Would much prefer a 4-speed. Might be a good candidate for a TKO conversion. Would like to see the trim tag to see if it was originally coded for the white top - I am betting that it rolled off the line with a black top. Still - I like the white top - perfectly sets off the white stripe on the nose.

If it had a repaint in the early 80's, I doubt if the paint is still in show condition. I would expect it to be a ten-footer, unless it never got driven or they took absolutely meticulous care of it.

IMO, $45K is pretty stout for a small block powerglide car that is not a perfect concourse restoration with all the original parts under the hood. I would think high 30's, but once again, as I stated previously, maybe the market is getting strong for these cars again. (I hope so - I will have a couple of college educations to fund in a few years. )

post #14 of 60 (permalink) Old Apr 13th, 17, 09:08 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Roger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vega$69 View Post
I don't see that the car is being advertised as an all original car

John the OP in this thread talked about an original car.
1967 Chevrolet Camaro RS Convertible
I have just been pointing out what I see as not being original.

Roger

post #15 of 60 (permalink) Old Apr 14th, 17, 01:00 AM Thread Starter
Team Member
Daniel

Thank you all very much for the answers.
Well, I think, if the car is really good, then he is maybe in the 40's. If I check Hagerty, a car is this price must be Excellent or better.
Important is to identify all numbers to see more details.
The spoilers are not that important for me. I like the rear spoiler. But, yes, it's not original.
The seller told me on the phone it is an all original car. But he also explain me how good the 3 gears shift with the powerglide, but as I know, the powerglide has only 2 gears...

@Tom
I can't go personally and see the car. Too far away. Yes, it's against all rules to buy a car, but I did it in the past quite often. Lucky me, everything was OK. I can arrange a company who offers PPI to have a little bit more information about the car too or maybe Elroy can help me. In the past Years, I have important some cars from USA to Switzerland for me or for friends. No problem, I know how to handle.

@Roger
Yes, I agree with you, it doesn't look original under the hood. Hope all original parts are with the car.

@John
The owner told me on the phone it is an original car with matching numbers. But not all people have the same understanding for "original".

Now, I hope to receive more pictures soon.

Daniel

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode