Team Camaro Tech banner

'69 Tuxedo Black L78 w/ Window Sticker

6K views 22 replies 13 participants last post by  Vega$69 
#1 ·
Nice looking car - and if the seller's claims are true (factory 10-10 375hp car with the original window sticker) it's in pretty rarefied territory....

Anyone here know this car?

1969 Camaro RS/SS

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice Car! But the add does not state the 375hp was from the factory. It just states real X22 10-10. Could have been a 396/325 too. He states engine is a 1970 one, so its a NOM car. They also do not state the trans and rear are original, they just state they are there. Someone will need to confirm the docs and drivetrain are orig before the big bucks are spent :)

#8 ·
124379N680287
Yup, I know the car. It was for sale back in 2000. Car was totalled, they were selling just the tags and title. Was 52-52, 711, X55.
It's changed a bit in 17 years....
Well, there you go. What originally started out as a red SS-350 without Z21 or Z22, has now magically changed to a black L78 WITH Z22 and docs! So the trim tag is fake, the window sticker is fake and the law has been broken BIG TIME!!

THAT'S why you don't trust ads without pictures of the docs, trim tag, engine pad, etc...

Ed

#13 ·
NEW LISTING!!!! THIS CAR IS VERRRRY RARE!!!! REAL X 22 BLACK ON BLACK SS BIG BLOCK 4-SPEED SUPER SPORT WITH ORIGINAL WINDOW STICKER. Z28s are a dime a dozen and eating dust when it comes to a 396 big block 375hp black on black SS street beast. This car is NOT a clone. It is the real deal X-22 big block! 10-10 tuxedo black. The car also 711 black bucket interior. The car is a very solid car with great metal structure and will do nothing but go up in value as one of the most desirable Camaro's ever!!! The car has a 396/375hp 1970 replacement engine. Close but not quite date code correct. The car has the D-80 rear spoiler option. A Muncie 4-speed launches the car and a 12-bolt Posi to back it up. Sounds fantastic pumping through new Flow Master exhaust. The car also has the factory power disc brakes and power steering. The car has very nice interior in great condition as you can see by the pictures. The car has a lot of new and rebuilt stuff. New carpet. New springs and shocks. New front and rear bumpers. New chrome hood louvers. New parking and tail lamps. The car is rolling on brand new white letter BFG tires and the correct factory style SS rims.
I read that and I think hes trying to pull off selling something thats not exactly true.

#19 ·
Looking at the multiple bids in small increments, I'd assume the seller has several accounts and is bidding up the car himself to try and coax out a potential real buyer.
FWIW, I emailed the seller several days ago about the reproduction WS and his reply was short but not sweet.

#20 ·
Zero feedback bidding is almost certain schill bidding....

Don

#22 ·
I think auction is still going. Did you open the latest link?

Don

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.