About this forum - do not post for sale ads. (updated 06/02/12) - Team Camaro Tech
What's it worth? & ebay discussions

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old Oct 5th, 06, 03:50 PM Thread Starter
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

About this forum - do not post for sale ads. (updated 06/02/12)

This forum is for discussing what it's worth, cars listed for sale elsewhere and ebay topics.

Please use our FREE CLASSIFIEDS to sell your car.

Cars for sale will be removed. Why? Because forum postings hang around a long time and the moderators do not need to be pruning out ads for items that were sold ages ago.

Edit: Please don't ask about items being for sale or offer to buy just because it's posted in this forum. Thanks,

Thanks for following this simple guideline.

Last edited by Al; Sep 29th, 08 at 04:14 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old Jan 11th, 09, 10:09 AM Thread Starter
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

Re: About this forum - do not post for sale ads.

Discussions are fine, posting personal for sale ads are not.

It also seems we are going to have to modify this basic guideline as some guys are getting carried away by bashing the car (or owner) for fun instead of helpful replies. That just creates grief for the site when someone sends the owner a link and they blow up on us.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 9th, 09, 04:45 AM Thread Starter
Al
Administrator
Al McKenzie

I need to add a comment here that directly affects this forum and it's future.

Discussing what's right/wrong with these requests for more info on potential purchases seems to be quite beneficial to all.

Making assumptions about the owner or personal insults is not.

We are tired of the flak that comes when a seller receives a link to a topic here, then explodes when he sees some have posted comments directly at them. Calling someone you've never met a "clown", "loser" or worse just because they have a car for sale is unacceptable and cannot be tolerated.

Some appear to do it just to watch what happens or to be funny. The emails I get from the person being talked about certainly are not. It's tough to explain why such comments would be on our site.

Please consider this request as a last resort to keep this forum active.

Al
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old Nov 16th, 10, 02:28 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanCowboy View Post
Its not really a matter of making waves or trying to say someone's price is wrong. I'm Camaro shopping as it were. If I see an item on Ebay I am interested in, I can certainly post it here and get some feedback from the very helpful people in this section. However, if I am looking for the same sort of feedback, regarding something on the Camaros.net free classifieds, I'm not sure where to turn. Perhaps I am just on my own, but I figured it couldnt hurt to ask.
I certainly wouldn't stop you if you posted in the "what's it worth" forum and you were looking for legit info. That said unlike ebay and other listings, TC provides a spot for open dialogue under each ad. I don't understand the need to go to another forum within the same site to ask questions. The forums are open and the seller is most likely going to read the questions and replies, it's not like you are talking where the seller can't hear what is said...

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Don't take life so serious, you won't get out alive..."
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old Feb 17th, 11, 11:24 AM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

More clarification on this forum, this actually applies to all the forums except the forum "classified", the sponsors forums and the members classified forums...

Please refrain from offering to buy something just because it is being asked "what"s it worth". We are not trying to stop a deal by asking this but in the past the site has been pulled into the deal too many times and we really don't want to be involved in your transactions. So please, lets keep it "What's It Worth" in the open public forum and if you just have to have something use the PM system or e-mails and keep it between you and the other guy! Thanks...

...Dennis

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old Jun 2nd, 12, 12:06 PM
DjD
Retired
Dennis

Garage

Time to add more clarification for this forums usage. The intent here is to help folks wanting to determine the value of something that is not easily researched because for what ever reason its prices are all over the place.

This forum is not here for listing 20 items you are going to sell that you can easily find new and used prices to use as a guide in setting your price! The bottom line is if you are asking because you are too lazy to invest your own time into researching what you have, we don't want you taking advantage of our memberships good nature and willingness to help each other out!

Do everyone a favor if you don't want to do the research, just list the stuff in the classifieds or forum classifieds as "make an offer" and go from there!

...Dennis

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode