Team Camaro Tech banner

G'Day!

836 views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Zappaz 
#1 ·
Hi Guys, thought I better give an intro, I'm from Western Australia and have a couple of projects on the go, the main one being a '69 Pro-Tourer that I imported from NY around a year ago, when it arrived I stripped it to give it a freshen up and I'm now in the final stages getting it ready for rego...

For any Aussies on here the other project is a '68 Holden HK Panelvan...

Cheers

Zappa

#4 ·
No worries, here's a couple of the car just after I bought it, among other things its running a fresh 502 Ramjet, TKO600 5-speed and a Moser Tru-trac 9'

I actually need to get some new shots with a decent camera, this is the only one I have since its been back together, I will get some of the interior etc as well....

The New York licence plates are only staying until I get the licensing completed here which can a bit challenging compared to the US, but should be done within the next 2-3weeks assuming I don't hit any roadblocks from D.O.T, I do love driving around west oz with the New York plates though, they get a bit of attention :smile2:

#5 ·
Welcome Luke .. gotta say great looking car !
How about some interior pics and a pic of that 68' Holden you've got going

Cheers
Steve

#6 ·
Thanks Steve!

Here are a couple of the Van before it was stripped down, given I won't do a thread on this car i figured I would provide some background for those that are interested :wink2:

Im not really sure of what the US equivalent of these would be? but Aussie Panelvan's (a.k.a Shaggin Wagon) were based on a ute body with walkthrough cabin (Aussie utes weren't trucks, they were more like an El Camino/Ford Ranchero), they were smaller than a Bedford/Delivery van but bigger than a station wagon...they had a big cult following in the 60's, 70's 80's but unfortunately they stopped being made in the late 80's/early 90's (some background on them here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panel_van_(Australia)) as with anything that is killed off, it just made the cult following bigger.

As far as the specs go its pretty much the opposite to the Camaro, its running a little Holden 4.9L V8 (304ci), still standard stroke but is heavily worked backed by a Turbo 350, 5k stall, 9' 4:11 & Full Spool. Last pass it ran an 11.14 1/4 mile with a shocking 60-ft time which isn't bad for a car thats shaped like a bus :smile2: photo below.

Unfortunately when it was off getting some more custom body work and paint done the bodyshop owner got himself a "Bad Habit" and went broke and the car came back in much worse condition than when it went in.....its back on track now and its off to the new bodyshop in 3 weeks time to get the metalwork finished, get the damage repaired and then get a fresh re-spray.

The plan this time is to change it up a little bit, I wanted to do a "Pro-touring Style" build however realistically you will never see this thing get around a corner quickly let alone to a race track so I have dubbed the new style "Pro-Cruiser" instead :grin2: it will be dropped it to the ground, running a full custom IFS and currently thinking ShockWaves up front and AiroverLeaf in the rear, also taking it back to nice clean body lines (the bonnet has been replaced with an original), a big set of wheels and full new interior, the motor has been freshened up and converted a twin throttle body EFI setup and theres a bunch of other bits and pieces to go on as well.......one of the biggest benefits i found out while doing the Camaro is that a large number of the parts are interchangeable so a few Camaro parts will make an appearance on the van for sure.

Had to include this hilarious video from the 70's just to top it off :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.