Team Camaro Tech banner

New From Texas

1K views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Brettallen59 
#1 ·
Hi everyone. Since I now have my dream car, I decided to enroll in the appropriate forum. Still need to set up my profile, but this is my car;
1969 True SS396, X-66 car. All new sheet metal, rebuilt 396 (not numbers matching). It has a brand new (not rebuilt) M-22 tranny, 10 bolt rear end. I am in the process of updating the front suspension with tubular control arms, Wilwood brakes all around. All new dash with all new components (console gauges, tach, speedo, carrier, dash pad, Rosewood steering wheel).

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Always good to welcome a fellow Texan aboard, even from the peoples republic of Austin. Your car is really going to be nice when you finish it, but you can drive it while you finish it, so enjoy the process.

Reactions: ZZ_430
#6 ·
Not sure about Ennis other than in October, but will try to have my suspension back together and running in time to drive to the Lone Star Roundup in April.

#14 ·
I am doing some handling enhancements in the form of 2" drop spindles, a 1-1/8" sway bar, coilovers & tubular control arms. Also have Sub-frame extensions, but I need to get the J-nuts out and new ones in. I do also have a 12-bolt rear end for it, but I need to get it rebuilt.

The Oasis actually burned down a while back and they re-opened about 2-3 years ago. It's still pretty popular, especially since they do a "Cars and Coffee" out there now. I really hope I can get enough done on my car to be able to cruise out there, even though I won't have color on this year.
Brett

#15 · (Edited)
Thanks! I'm actually an "All Around" Texan. Born in Houston, then spent my teenage years in So Cal before moving to Dallas in 1979 and lived there till 2012, when I got tired of the Metroplex and came south.

Oops, I see now that I could have done a "Multi-quote" and combined replies....learning as I go, lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.