post #46 of 536 (permalink) Old Dec 28th, 07, 04:58 PM
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #47 of 536 (permalink) Old Dec 30th, 07, 10:03 AM
Tech Team
Thomas

Send a message via Yahoo to tqueen
Re: Show Me Your Garages

I have a video camera on in the shop at all times if you want to look in. Its 4000sq ft building. You can access it through Yahoo Messenger. My id is feathercarbon. Kinda neat.

Thomas Queen
706 BBC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Yahoo id feathercarbon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #48 of 536 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 08, 06:07 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Andrew

Okay, you guys have inspired me to finish up the downstairs of my garage. I have purchased 250 ft of wiring to first finish up all wiring, including upstairs which presently has no lights or outlets. Next will be insulation in the ceiling and walls, then the ceiling and wall paneling. Then the painting of these panels and a new floor surface. I plan to put the ceiling a semi-flat white, and the walls a light gray color.
I realize this will take me into the spring considering that whenever I have time to work and the weather allows I will have to move the cars out of the way and also considering that I have no heat out there.
Here is a picture with the shop in the background. It measures 28 x 32 feet.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Misc Z Photos2 006.jpg
Views:	493
Size:	156.7 KB
ID:	5213  

Skunk Works
302DZ, M22W Muncie, GV overdrive,12-Bolt Rear 3.73
Some photos:

Member # 159

post #49 of 536 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 08, 07:40 AM
Greg

Just prior to starting the teardown of our 68 in November, we had the three layer epoxy layed down on the daily garage and downstairs shop. I love it. Cost me $2.25 per sq. ft and very worth it. The only negetive is that the welding sparks can leave a burn mark in the floor. I have learned the past few weeks to cover the floor and it works fine.
I would also suggest lots of outlets and shop air locations. When we built this house, I had the plumber install pex water line in the walls for the shop air. We have seven locations around the house.

post #50 of 536 (permalink) Old Jan 1st, 08, 07:48 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Dave C

Send a message via AIM to Pro-Street69Camaro468 Send a message via Yahoo to Pro-Street69Camaro468

This is where my wife likes me to be. Out of her hair finishing her car watching the Ravins.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0077 (2).jpg
Views:	817
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	5214   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0083 (2).jpg
Views:	877
Size:	87.5 KB
ID:	5215   Click image for larger version

Name:	cam3.jpg
Views:	876
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	5216   Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0156.jpg
Views:	935
Size:	66.5 KB
ID:	5217  

PRO.ST69orange

post #51 of 536 (permalink) Old Jan 7th, 08, 07:37 PM
Senior Tech
Tristan

Send a message via AIM to Mav68erick

Heres a few I got one pc of osb on the wall to finish and a few small pieces at the end to do, Just put the ply wood on the benches over the weekend hopefully the next project will be getting the compressor in the corner going and getting the garage plumbed for air.

----
----

Oven is for powdercoating

-----
-----

The door to the rafters 4' x 6' on a 6ft piano hinges

And some more at
http://s145.photobucket.com/albums/r...8erick/Garage/

ps anyone want a tranny theres 4 on that side of the garage.. and 2 on the other = P

68 Camaro

I Hate Spotwelds
post #53 of 536 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 08, 03:36 PM
Senior Tech
Kevin

Very nice, Kev. I don't think I ever realized how much our cars look alike.

Learning & Relearning about the cars I grew up with.
69' - Built 350, 750 Holley, Elgin E920P Cam, 283 PP Heads, Long Comp Headers, MSD, TKO-600, 12 Bolt Posi 3.73, Hotchkis Rear, Eibach Front w/Hotchkis Sway, SPC UCAs, 3rd Gen PS, AR TTII's. Still working on it.
post #54 of 536 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 08, 03:37 PM
Gold Lifetime Member
Kevin

Tristan...
You are getting there I wish I had room for both a working garage and a hang-out ... By the spring..this will be a mess getting the 396 in the Camaro

Kev
post #55 of 536 (permalink) Old Jan 8th, 08, 08:20 PM
Senior Tech
Tristan

Thx.. not really my garage its a 40 x 24 pole barn thats partitioned down the middle so each side is rougly 20 x 22 insde from wall to wall one Camaro on each side = P other side has been done for years for insulation, the side im on startign working on the car last winter to cold so got to work.

Even started to reorganize my tool box.. btw you may have a shopping problem at sears, or your on there preferred customer list!

Craftsman Stools
- Clock
- Grinder
- Welder
- Roll around
- Custom Toolbox table, like that btw
- Prolly that vise!
- Hang down lite

btw whats that on your tool box? And what size is that buidling? like 14 x 20?
And also alot of my car parts are inside the house in the basement, like my doors decklid have no front sheetmetal tires are down there theres still alot of crap out there but it was better then it was in the beginning of Oct.... there was a path to get in the side door walk around to the middle door to the other side.. now I could almost move the car over and drive another car in

68 Camaro

I Hate Spotwelds
post #56 of 536 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 08, 03:40 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Kevin

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbx1969 View Post
Very nice, Kev. I don't think I ever realized how much our cars look alike.
Yea...with the same first name what would you expect

Kev
post #57 of 536 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 08, 03:46 AM
Gold Lifetime Member
Kevin

Tristan,

Geesh..you missed the shelfs, compressor, cabinet light, air tank, mini-compressor, battery charger ...etc.
To be honest, as a Craftsman Club member for years, I get flyers with deals and if I need something, I grab it. Most things you see I got for Harbor Frieght or Northern Tool prices....and you can't beat that.

Its a 20x20 garage and its only 6 months old and I already know it should have been bigger. I am in the city and have restrictions so I went with a readsonable size.

Kev
post #58 of 536 (permalink) Old Jan 9th, 08, 04:59 PM
Senior Tech
Tristan

yeah i could have went on.. but the pictures werent up when i was replying... so i had to click the links and i started in the middle so i gave up all together = P

68 Camaro

I Hate Spotwelds
post #59 of 536 (permalink) Old Sep 26th, 08, 11:09 PM
Tech Team
Rich

Better late than never... I was searching for shelving and wall cabinet ideas and found this thread... I am cleaning up my 69 Camaro Shop and well here is my start...

Decided to go with plain jane shelving to match the Camaro...

It will all be OK in the end... If it's not OK...It's not the end...

Last edited by YT KNUKL; Sep 27th, 08 at 04:24 PM.
post #60 of 536 (permalink) Old Sep 28th, 08, 04:37 PM
Tech Team
Steve

Ain't much but it'll do for now. Supposedly its a two car garage but my neighbor with the same garage can hardly fit his HHR on the one side.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Team Camaro Tech forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address.
NOTE we receive a lot of registrations with bad email addresses. IF you do not receive your confirmation email you will not be able to post. contact support and we will try and help.
Be sure you enter a valid email address and check your spam folder as well.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode