Are corvette bronze 68 camaros rare?any out there [Archive] - Team Camaro Tech

: Are corvette bronze 68 camaros rare?any out there

67 camaro lady
May 23rd, 04, 10:50 PM
Soon we will be starting on a new project our 396 68 corvette bronze camaro how rare are these cars with that color?anyone out there with this color ? graemlins/waving.gif what are people reactions when they see that color?do they like that color?

choptop
May 24th, 04, 02:45 AM
I have seen a few Corvette Bronze 68 cars; it is not necessarily a rare color. The last car I saw painted this color had black Z stripes and the combo really looked awesome! Go for it! graemlins/thumbsup.gif

kristofer
Sep 16th, 04, 07:50 PM
i have one.....

sandiegoz28
Sep 16th, 04, 08:08 PM
According to the CRG's site, they estimate that approximately 6.9% of '68 were painted Corvette Bronze, making one of the more popular colors. One of my favorites!

Here's the page:

http://www.camaros.org/exterior.shtml

68RSZEE
Sep 17th, 04, 04:54 AM
I like it too!

jethro
Sep 17th, 04, 06:13 AM
Can anyone post a picture or link to good set of photos?

choptop
Sep 17th, 04, 08:39 AM
Here is a good one: Corvette Bronze Yenko (http://www.yenko.net/features/2002/August2002.htm)

Corvette Bronze reminds me of a shiny new penny- almost exactly the same color!

sandiegoz28
Sep 17th, 04, 09:40 AM
Here's one that recently sold on eBay:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=2486437300&category=6161

Here's another one on FirstGen Camaros:

http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/3652/1968/68zrs2.jpg

Erik W. Olson
Nov 20th, 04, 09:38 PM
All,

One problem with the CRG statistics is that they are biased towards surviving cars. The "exotic" colors such as Corvette bronze, LeMans blue, Rallye green and British green were favored by Z/28's, big block cars, rally sport cars and so forth. These cars were preferentially restored and maintained, and thus their paint usages are listed higher than what probably occurred. This statistical error was noted and corrected only for pace car colors as stated on the CRG web site. They also incorrectly state that a handful of colors were discontinued in '68 (the colors were removed from the dealer brochures, but were still available).

Corvette bronze is a beautiful color in my opinion, especially when mated with black rally sport body sill, black side stripes and black rear tailpans as found on big-block cars. I suggest it's rarer than the 7% listed on the CRG web site, but by how much I couldn't guess.

- Erik -

Mark C
Nov 21st, 04, 04:22 AM
Originally posted by Erik W. Olson:
All,

They also incorrectly state that a handful of colors were discontinued in '68 (the colors were removed from the dealer brochures, but were still available).

They might have still been available, but if the public didn't know about them how would they order those colors. Any discontinued color would have to have been ordered as a special paint code after the discontinued date. So some special order paint cars could have been a previously discontinued color, just as easily as they could have been pink. However, in this case Corvette Bronze was introduced in January of 68 and ran through the end of production so it being available after being discontinued does not apply.

The breakdown of 68 Corvette Bronze cars is as follows:

SS's (all engines): 10.1 percent
6 Cylinder Camaros: 5.1%
COPO's: 3.7%
Z28's: 22.8%
327 Cars (LF7 and L30): 15.2%
Unknown V8 equipped: 43.1%

Unknown V8's are cars that have been modified so heavily that the original configuration can not be determined based on info provided by the owners at the time the info was submitted.

[ 11-21-2004, 06:47 AM: Message edited by: Mark C ]

Chris396
Nov 21st, 04, 11:39 AM
I've seen that Yenko. It's one of the most striking colors I have ever seen. Beautiful.

kristofer
Nov 23rd, 04, 07:10 PM
here is mine,, not the best pic..

http://www.angelfire.com/electronic2/gotjuice/

HwyStarJoe
Nov 24th, 04, 03:59 AM
Kristofer, nothing against your car or anything, but if my boss had been walking by when I opened your site, it might have been the end of my Internet access at work!
I just wanted to warn others about opening it. On a dial-up connection, that background would have been the only thing that showed for quite a while. R rated for sure.

God knows what my wife would have said if she'd seen it! Not that I'm gay or anything.... (not that there's anything wrong with that) but WOW! :eek:

Is that the permenant background picture on your site? ;)

kristofer
May 2nd, 05, 05:34 PM
i assume you looked at the other site...........yes, that background is permanent...She is the british bombshell Katie Price aka Jordan.......and i absolutely love her...and it is not R or X rated.........NO nipple showing...... i NEVER got a complaint until now....

We own a local strip club in missouri........ unfortunately our county laws require pasties.... :( so i am all too familiar with certain parts of a women being shown...legally

too bad you have a jealous wife. ;) ....i am not married, but the last girl i dated thought she was hot........damn i miss her:)

I have only seen 3 or 4 cars painted corvette bronze, 1 in person....MINE.....and i am ALWAYS looking for more..

jus4funn68
May 3rd, 05, 01:21 PM
I also have a corvette bronze 68. My car is a 396/375 SS car. There were quite a few sold with that color but I really dont see many these days. There is a beautiful one at the Muscle Car Museum in Pigeon Forge, Tenn. It is a SS 350 car. I think the neat thing about the color is it is one of the few that Chevrolet allowed Corvette colors to be painted on another car. Kevin

catcottf
Feb 20th, 14, 08:32 AM
Hi,
Good morning from the Lake of the Ozarks. Just another day in Paradise. You sure don't see very many. All the research that I have done says they made 7% of the cars in '68 with a color code 00 (Corvette Bronze). When I am at a show that is one of the first questions, what is that color? Take care and enjoy your color code: 00...
Fred Catcott
Check my garage for pics or email me at catcottf@onemain.com

bilodeaulynn
Feb 20th, 14, 08:53 AM
The ONLY problem with CB is that you will never find a picture of one that looks as good as the car does in person... especially out in the sun.
I spent many an evening riding around in a Corvette Bronze Z/28 (black stripes) in high school. Not my car, it was my buddy's car.