gas pedal bracket at firewall [Archive] - Team Camaro Tech

: gas pedal bracket at firewall

Mikem67
Dec 11th, 13, 06:22 AM
Does anyone have a pic of the mounting bracket that mounts to the firewall? It's the one that the gas pedal rod goes through and connects to the flat piece on the engine side that the threaded rod to the carb attaches to. Also does the gas pedal rod have a plastic grommet on both sides of the bracket? If so, who has the replacement grommets for the rod and the carb rod at both ends?
Mike

'67 Vert RS/SS

french69ssrs
Dec 11th, 13, 09:53 AM
Hi Mikem67
Sorry a little Grainy,
Will take better ones if you need.
Timmy

Mikem67
Dec 11th, 13, 01:23 PM
Exactly what I needed, thank you. :hurray: Do you know if there are two plastic grommets on the shaft that runs through the bracket and are there bolts and nuts or just sheet metal screws holding the bracket to the firewall?:confused:
Mike

french69ssrs
Dec 11th, 13, 02:21 PM
Hi Mikem67
Went into the Garage when I got home and took some detail Pics.
The actual shaft moves back and forth like 1/2" and the Fat Arm that fits over the Shaft that has a "flat" in it to lock onto the Arm is also a little lose with like a 3/8 Washer.

I was at Ground Up last month and some guys came up from Long Island for parts for a High HP 69 that's on the Internet/ Youtube.
They broke the Gas Pedal off the shaft and bought a new one, looked just like mine but did not notice if there were more washers or a bushing to control the Side play.
Timmy

rogerh
Dec 11th, 13, 02:38 PM
Mike this is a pic of mine before the restoration. The fasteners were originally bolts and nuts with the nuts to the engine side.

Roger

Mikem67
Dec 11th, 13, 02:46 PM
Thanks for the pics they really help. Don't know if there was a difference from '67 to '69 on the fasteners but I have two ways to go now, thanks again for the help.

Mike

french69ssrs
Dec 11th, 13, 03:03 PM
From Ground Up's Catalog,
Many other Parts Suppliers have this stuff.

http://www.ss396.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=camaro6769&Category_Code=ACCELERATOR&sort=&offset=10

2/3 way down on Page is

1967-1969 Camaro Accelerator Rod Grommet Kit
Code: APJ-1314
Price: $6.95
Or From Camaro Central -

1967 Accelerator Throttle Rod Support, Firewall Mount, Steel
Our Price: $25.95
Accelerator rod firewall support for 67 Camaro models. Made of steel construction with bushing inserts.
PART NUMBER: ACL-9

Timmy

Mikem67
Dec 12th, 13, 01:58 PM
Does anyone know where to get the nylon grommets that go on both sides of the firewall bracket that the gas pedal rod goes through? :confused:
Mike

french69ssrs
Dec 12th, 13, 04:29 PM
Hi Mike
Found this -
Timmy

Mikem67
Dec 13th, 13, 04:23 PM
Thanks Timmy, just ordered them.
Mike

dyno jonn
Dec 13th, 13, 05:59 PM
The support comes in two different flavors. Some are steel, but most later ones are solid plastic. I'm thinking the steel ones may have bushings but the plastic ones don't.