GM fiberglass Crossram Hood hood pin location [Archive] - Team Camaro Tech

: GM fiberglass Crossram Hood hood pin location

SteveM88
Jul 4th, 04, 04:59 AM
I was lucky enough to purchase an original GM fiberglass Crossram hood. Problem is the holes for the hood pins have been long ago filled in. Does anyone know of an :confused: original GM fiberglass hood with the original hood pin holes? I am hoping to find the absolute original correct location to place the hood pin holes. I am new here and I am not even sure this is the right place to post this question.

stingr69
Jul 12th, 04, 04:55 AM
Hi Steve,

A realy good picture of the pins location and lanyards is shown in Michael Lamm's "The Great Camaro" Book. It has been published for quite a long time so it might be out of print. It has pix from GM archives showing many obscure options rare develpment photos. It has tons of great detailed Camaro info and is more accurate than many other books on the subject.

Those hoods were service parts and not production line pieces. The owner would install the pins. I had a fiberglass cowl hood for many years and I used the picture in the book to locate my hood pins. The radiator support is the logical place for the pins.

I remember it was difficult to open the hood so I added 2 small springs around the pins to lift the hood slightly after the pins were pulled. I am not sure if other people did that back in the day but it sure made servicing under the hood easier.

If you can't find the book, let me know and I will figure out another way for you to see the pins ;)

-Mark.