Identify my world heads [Archive] - Team Camaro Tech

: Identify my world heads

68 RS 302
Dec 18th, 05, 02:52 PM
I am trying to ID which world heads I have. I can't find a typical casting number, except the following:

W 93 S/R
J03 NH I-052

The heads are on a SBC. Any help?

WaynesWorld
Dec 18th, 05, 03:08 PM
I had the same question with the ones I have (https://home.comcast.net/~waynedesi/head1.jpg). I emailed world and they let me know what I had the next day. Are they steel?

68 RS 302
Dec 18th, 05, 03:17 PM
Yes, they are steel or cast iron rather. The only numbers on the front side of the heads are a very large "6" and a small "8". There is also a "Y" and an "x". I guessed that they are world heads from the large "W" under the valve cover and with the "S/R" but other than that I have no idea what they are supposed to be.

BillK
Dec 18th, 05, 03:43 PM
rs,
Have you looked at the front and back real closely ? I think there should be a part number stamped there somewhere. I have a couple of pairs at the shop I can look at on Monday. The S/R tells me it is either a stock replacement head or maybe an S/R torquer.

Rocketrod
Dec 18th, 05, 03:49 PM
I had the same problem with my Sportsman II heads. On mine World Products told me there are no p/n's or other markings on the exterioe of the head, but if you remove the valve cover ther will be some raised lettering. I believe mine was I-37? This number will tell you the model, but not the chamber size.

68 RS 302
Dec 18th, 05, 03:55 PM
Well I took a wire brush and removed the paint and I find no other numbers on the front or rear of either head. My heads do have the "I-052" whatever that means.

WaynesWorld
Dec 18th, 05, 05:26 PM
Mine read I-037 and are the World products sportsman heads. 200cc intake runners, 2.02 & 1.60 Manley stainless street flow , 64cc "fast burn" combustion chamber.

Have you gone to their webpage? There is a link for the Chevy V8 S/R Heads (cast iron) (http://www.worldcastings.com/docs/05_cat_pg15.pdf)

pdq67
Dec 18th, 05, 07:27 PM
He, He!! I know what you mean b/c my new Merlin ovals have a really small light "O" on each end on the machined flats.

Can't hardly see them tho..

pdq67

68 RS 302
Dec 18th, 05, 07:35 PM
Mine read I-037 and are the World products sportsman heads. 200cc intake runners, 2.02 & 1.60 Manley stainless street flow , 64cc "fast burn" combustion chamber.

Have you gone to their webpage? There is a link for the Chevy V8 S/R Heads (cast iron) (http://www.worldcastings.com/docs/05_cat_pg15.pdf)

How did you figure out that "I-037" means what you explain? I have "I-052," what does that mean?? Their web page doesn't tell me anything about my heads.

68 RS 302
Dec 18th, 05, 07:52 PM
OK, I finally found it. Looks like just a standard S/R head. Though I have no idea which size valves are in it as it is still mounted on the engine. I was told the heads have 2.02-1.60's but I guess I'd have to take them off to know for sure. Thanks for the help. Perhaps someone may have a suggestion for a better set of heads for my 302?