core support bushings install [Archive] - Team Camaro Tech

: core support bushings install

stmeljes
Nov 12th, 06, 06:52 AM
I just received my poly bushings for the my 69 and all is in I just do not know what the order is for the core support. I am sure the large one gets into the hole on the support with large washer and bolt, then small bushing in between core and subframe with nut and washer underneath? it just looks like the one between the core and subframe just doesn't line up well:( :(

SixtyAte
Nov 12th, 06, 07:35 AM
I just received my poly bushings for the my 69 and all is in I just do not know what the order is for the core support. I am sure the large one gets into the hole on the support with large washer and bolt, then small bushing in between core and subframe with nut and washer underneath? it just looks like the one between the core and subframe just doesn't line up well:( :(

Try this link of Jims car and see if the bushing photos help. It been years since I replaced my 68 bushings and didn't really care to remember the PITA they were :)
Kev

http://www.brainerd.net/~knudsen/69RS/Frame%20Bushings/

ldrisner
Nov 12th, 06, 08:15 AM
Some of the poly bushing sets come with core support bushings which are too large for the stock support.

I had to discard the ploy bushing on the core support for stock OEM types rather than enlarge the holes in the support.

Larry

stmeljes
Nov 12th, 06, 03:15 PM
so the bottom poly is too big?? thats what I think too, Has anyone else seen this or idea how to fix??

stmeljes
Nov 13th, 06, 11:30 AM
anyone else had this problem with polys

_PuNiShEr_
Nov 14th, 06, 02:25 PM
Yep just tried to install mine on saturday same issue about an 1/8 over all to big for the hole

DjD
Nov 14th, 06, 05:08 PM
The prothanes I used fit perfect... Here's a break down of how it all goes together for all 3 positions.

Stacked it goes like this;

Core Support .. Center Mount ..... Rear Mount
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bolt ............... body (cage nut) .... body - (cage nut)
washer .......... cushion asm ......... cushion asm
cushion ......... sub-frame ............ sub-frame
core support .. cushion ................ cushion
cushion asm .. washer ................. washer
push nut ....... bolt ...................... bolt
frame
washer
lock washer
nut

There are 3 diff cushion asm sizes used and 2 diff cushion sizes used. Be sure you got the right pieces in the right places.