Ebay Z - I'm very confused -M21 stone crusher?????? [Archive] - Team Camaro Tech

: Ebay Z - I'm very confused -M21 stone crusher??????

satz28
Jan 1st, 07, 05:00 PM
I try not to pick on ebay ads...............but.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=150076545831

I really don't understand this Ebay ad, and the apraisal that was done.

WTF is a "4 speed M21 stone crusher transmission":noway:

Why have a reserve, and then tell people that the reserve is 1/2 the appraised value. Just put a BIN. Does anybody have an idea on this appraiser?

I just don't get this type of ad.:sad:

67FamilyFun
Jan 1st, 07, 05:08 PM
A very nice Camero

madmax87
Jan 1st, 07, 05:09 PM
Geez, maybe the M22 is the Rock Crusher, the M21 the Stone Crusher, and the M20 the Pebble Crusher.

sixtynine
Jan 1st, 07, 05:09 PM
Its the super rare "camero" not to be mistaken for Camaro.. :)

satz28
Jan 1st, 07, 05:17 PM
Geez, maybe the M22 is the Rock Crusher, the M21 the Stone Crusher, and the M20 the Pebble Crusher.

:D Both my wife and I are ROTF...... That is a great response :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

rare4k
Jan 1st, 07, 06:33 PM
send it to JAY LENO he'll love to explain a stone crusher, on the tonight show

zdld17
Jan 1st, 07, 06:46 PM
Need to watch out with this car,, Appraiser said its got one bad 302 with hydraulic lifters.

Rarerat
Jan 1st, 07, 06:51 PM
Looks like a nice car, but I wouldnt put much stock in the appraisel when its coming from an so called appraiser that has no clue what a M-21 Muncie is.:sad:

Mark C
Jan 1st, 07, 07:24 PM
That appraiser has been in business for a long time here in Mass. He doesn't specialize in Camaros even though he does drive a 68 convertible (thats his front end in one of the pictures from the appraisal - which was taken at The Amherst NH swap meet this summer), but does most any older car from Model A's through the 70's. Most of those descriptions of the individual items are just fillers, and probably provided by the owner. All those appraisals are used for is getting insurance, they don't really have much weight in describing what is correct, or not on any specific model of car.

Nice to have an 80,000 dollar value set on a 69 Z28 when it has 68 style rear stripes that extend onto the rear edge of the trunklip, wrong color grill (for a black RS car), and "show condition" engine compartment.

satz28
Jan 2nd, 07, 05:34 AM
That appraiser has been in business for a long time here in Mass. He doesn't specialize in Camaros even though he does drive a 68 convertible (thats his front end in one of the pictures from the appraisal - which was taken at The Amherst NH swap meet this summer), but does most any older car from Model A's through the 70's. Most of those descriptions of the individual items are just fillers, and probably provided by the owner. All those appraisals are used for is getting insurance, they don't really have much weight in describing what is correct, or not on any specific model of car.

Nice to have an 80,000 dollar value set on a 69 Z28 when it has 68 style rear stripes that extend onto the rear edge of the trunklip, wrong color grill (for a black RS car), and "show condition" engine compartment.

Fillers or not, the appraisal IMO is poorly done. While he may have been doing them for many years, there's no way this appraisal is very accurate in the $ amount, or accurately reflects the car's condition. As you pointed out, engine "show condition"?

Jan 2nd, 07, 05:48 AM
Epping is 10 minutes from me but I haven't seen the car. Why is it that people love to say "haven't driven in snow!" like they resisted all temptation. My first car was a TA I got on x-mas day. That car could make it out of the garage if they was more than a 1/4" on the ground

SixtyAte
Jan 2nd, 07, 01:26 PM
Epping is 10 minutes from me but I haven't seen the car. Why is it that people love to say "haven't driven in snow!" like they resisted all temptation. My first car was a TA I got on x-mas day. That car could make it out of the garage if they was more than a 1/4" on the ground

I have had my Camaro since 1999 and never drove in snow and only twice got caught in rain. Don't drive it below 50* and wait until the last snow ,then atleast two major rain storms before I take the car out. It has 87,000 or so miles and original floors,rockers and trunk pan. So..yes, I don't drive it in snow ,rain,cold or when the temps are below 50 to preserve the car.:yes:

Kev

fiveforty
Jan 2nd, 07, 02:01 PM
I watch these cars on ZBAY all the time. The car went to $37,000 in the first 12 hours, thats pretty fast especially with no good pics or #s listed not even trim tag info. Also noticed there was a dealer plate on it when the pictures were taken at the Amherst flea market.