Team Camaro Tech banner

How to remove backseat in 69 camaro

35K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  HwyStarJoe 
#1 ·
Installing a new carpet. Is it hard and have any certain order to remove seats?how do u remove the backseat? Thanks

#2 ·
Carpets are tedious, they have to be trimmed to fit, take your time. The rear seat cushion lifts out, it has a catch on each side and the backrest is bolted in behind the seat cushion, then lift it straight up. The rear carpet need only be trimmed at the sides, most important thing with the front is to line up the toe pad correctly and cut the hole for the dimmer switch in the right place. You will also have to remove the sill plate trim. I had my 4 year old daughter sit on the hump to keep the carpet in place while I trimmed it. Also best if you take it out of the box and hang it for a while so it straightens out.

Dan E.
69 SS396 4spd. 4.11 posi. x66 coupe

#3 ·
As Dan said, the bottom cushion has a metal catch underneath with a back facing notch. You have to sit on the cushion or push down on it very hard and then at the same time, push the cushion toward the back of the car, that should release the catch. Same procedure to re-install it. You can see the catch on each side in my pic here.

#8 ·
Whew, no kidding. The way I had to get lined up on mine, I had flashbacks of "GET LOW!" blocking drills in high school.

#11 ·
Yes it is. If you've got some Mechnix gloves or something it sure helps. Long sleeves will help with the hog ring run-ins as well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.