Team Camaro Tech banner

1/2-inch Fuel Tank Sending Unit

9K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  bigblockragtop 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where you can buy a prefabbed fuel tank sending unit with 1/2-inch intake line for a '69 Camaro (stock tank)?

Thanks

#2 ·
Make one yourself ;)

I've done it a few times.The best way i've found is to leave the stock 3/8" in place and drill a 1/2" hole next to it,then run a 1/2" piece of fuel line next to the 3/8" line. Zip tie it together,seal the top with some JB weld and bingo .......1/2" fuel line and the sender still works too !!!!
You can then use the stock 3/8" line for a return or for your dedicated nitrous line. :thumbsup:

bob

#5 ·
Good Easter joke, but I had to do a lot of searches before I even found the Camaro Central sender. If it helps one person it is worth it, no? If anyone is interested too, I found discount codes for them that will go up (or down) in worth depending on how far the Kentucky Wildcats go. I decided 5% was good enough for me. Could have saved 15% if they win the tourney (and I was patient)!

#6 ·
I bought my houndstooth TMI seat covers a few years ago with the same style discount from them. I won't tell you how much I saved. :)

Yeah The drill it out solution is okay but when it comes to fuel and vapors I tend to like it all professional. So the link you posted is useful regardless of the age of the original post but maybe we should add a picture.

#8 ·
The RobbMC unit looks nicely made, but what attracts me to this one is
1) It is $89 ($85 with the current coupon code). The RobbMC one is $150 plus another 20 if you want AN ends on it (I will cut off the bead on the camaro central lines and use swagelok compression fittings to adapt to an--so the fitting cost is a wash between them).
2) I am running a 1/2 feed and a 1/4 return (0.060 orifice at carburetor) return. The RobbMC unit has 1/2 feeds and returns. That means I need to adapt 1/4 to 1/2--more fittings, more cost, and not as clean.
3) The camaro central sender brings the pipes over to the frame rail. That is cleaner and cheaper than running AN lines over.

I think they look like they are both nice units and I would definitely run the RobbMC if I was using a bypass regulator, but for my setup this one makes more sense from a functionality and cost standpoint.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.